We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions and the perspectives you bring.
The Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer III will design, deliver, support, and maintain infrastructure solutions to address business and technical needs. They will leverage industry and standards-based engineering principles and patterns. A Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer III will ensure the infrastructure and the systems under their care remain available, stable, and performant while adhering to the Company’s values.
As a member of the infrastructure team, the Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer III will work with the rest of the IT Infrastructure staff to provide governance of the global infrastructure and leadership regarding the services they deliver and support. They will also provide leadership of planned work as both a senior technical resource and the accountable party for the thorough delivery of new/updated services. The Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer III will work effectively with their IT and business customers and partners by creating technical solutions to address business problems. This is a Hybrid Remote role that will be based at our Denver, CO office.
- Maintains and improves Azure cloud environments’ security, availability, manageability, and performance.
- Manages and maintains cloud and on-premises infrastructure, systems, and applications.
- Manages Azure costs and optimization.
- Manages Azure AD to enable services in a manageable and secure manner.
- Configures monitoring and alerting as it relates to relevant services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves any IT service issues related to the services, systems, and applications.
- Tracks and maintains asset data for equipment and ensure that software and devices have manufacturer support, where available.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves standard configurations for all assigned systems and applications.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network-related issues in any RES system, application, or device.
- Attends work regularly and punctually, as scheduled or expected.
- Complies with Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and Company Policies & Procedures.
- Provides leadership and guidance to peers in the design and planning of IT services, systems, and applications.
- Manages stakeholders effectively and efficiently through reports, regular meetings, and ad hoc communications.
- Assists in qualifying and managing vendors.
- Works with non-technical people to obtain business requirements and understand business needs.
- Plans changes against existing systems and architectures.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of respective knowledge area(s) as a subject matter expert.
- Engages with and manage the ecosystems surrounding your area(s) of expertise, including IT management and business stakeholders.
- Train, lead, and/or mentor co-workers' growth as IT professionals or partners.
- Partners with relevant business units and customers to deliver infrastructure solutions.
- Identifies opportunities proactively for improvement.
- Writes scripts with PowerShell.
- Maintains availability of services using HA, backup, and disaster recovery jobs, processes, and systems.
- Assesses business requirements and translates them into solutions including technical and non-technical components.
- Focuses on security in all designs and process development.
- Manages, monitors, and alerts on assigned resources for availability, performance, security, and configuration.
- Collaborates with peers and stakeholders to deliver policies and standards.
- Automates tasks and processes through scripting.
- Analyzes incidents and problems to identify root causes and supply recommendations for preventative measures.
- Writes clear and concise documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintains all relevant documentation, and other non-technical aspects of services delivery.
- Maintains systems and software versions as directed.
- Develops and updates reports as requested.
- Attends training as requested and/or directed.
- Presents, supports, and leads-by-example with a safety and quality-oriented attitude.
- Azure Fundamentals Certification required
- Azure Identify and Access Administrator Certification preferred
- Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate Certification preferred
- 3 years or more years Azure Tenant and IaaS management experience required
- 5 years or more Windows servers, services, and applications experience required
- 1 year or more DC Networking (Ips, subnets, switches, firewalls) experience required
- Expert in Azure Active Directory design, management, and support.
- Expert in Azure tenant and subscription management experience.
- Experienced in Terraform-based IaC management of Azure.
- Experienced in Microsoft Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in presentation preparation and delivery, both individually and in a team.
- Experienced with MS Office Suite including Project and Visio.
- Understand service-oriented operational support principles and how to deliver “good” service.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication to appropriate parties with minimal guidance
- Can communicate with non-technical people to obtain business requirements and understand business needs.
- Able to assess business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Effective at root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Able to operate self-directed with minimal oversight, correctly prioritizing workloads and communicating about status, needs, and accomplishments.
- Ability to algin technical and business process workflows for effective delivery and maintenance of cloud services.
- Functional competencies include accountability, attention to detail, communication, customer focus, and teamwork.
- Domestic and international travel 5-15%,
- Valid Driver’s License Not Required.
Anticipated base salary range: $105,000 - $138,000
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rarely: Carrying, 5-15lbs., Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Pulling 5-15 lbs., Pushing 5-15 lbs., Lifting 5-15 lbs., and Stooping required
Occasionally: Gripping, Handling, Pinching, Walking required
Frequently: Standing required.
Constantly: Reading, Grasping, Hearing, Reaching, Vision, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, required.
Rarely exposed to Extreme Cold, Extreme Heat, Humidity, Wet in the working environment.
Occasionally exposed to Noise, Hazards in the working environment.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
#LI-Hybrid Apply now