We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions and the perspectives you bring.
The Field Engineer I – Solar performs accurate construction activity tracking, while maintaining the safety, schedule, quality, and environmental requirements of a utility scale solar project.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Understands and adheres to client’s expectations.
- Professionally communicates to strengthen and continually maintains client relationships.
- Supports budget and schedules preparation prior to commencement of the project.
- Performs quality checks to ensure that established processes are followed.
- Facilitates resolution of technical and engineering queries that arise from the field, including drafting/completing documents such as requests for information, technical enquiry forms, and transmittals.
- Ensures labor, equipment, and materials are procured in a timely manner to support the project schedule and reports findings to Project Engineer.
- Ensures all permits required for the project are in place and maintained properly.
- Supports the superintendents in daily time submittals.
- Tracks and reports staffing, equipment, and material quantities on a daily basis.
- Provides accurate daily construction activity data and quantities.
- Facilitates resolution of technical and engineering queries that arise from the field, including drafting/completing documents such as requests for information and transmittals.
- Aids the development of project standard work instructions and inspection and testing plans.
- Performs quality control checks and ensures processes are implemented according to the quality plan and that all work is inspected in a timely and consistent manner.
- Prepares and supports closeout documentation, job books, and lessons learned.
- Provides the required documents, drawings, and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the Environmental Management System.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with environmental requirements.
- Operates company-assigned vehicle in a safe manner in all types of road and weather conditions.
- Attends work regularly and punctually, as scheduled or expected.
- Complies with Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and Company Policies & Procedures.
- Presents, supports, and leads-by-example with a safety and quality-oriented attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering or Construction Management or related field required
- Graduation Date between December 2023 and May 2024
- Any combination of education and work experience (2 years’ work experience is equivalent to 1 year of education) in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- 0-1 years construction related experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Construction site safety and OSHA requirements
- Interpersonal skills
- Quality assurance processes
- Reading prints and drawings, and taking off quantities
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Use of computer software, including the Microsoft Office suite and other proprietary systems
- Project schedule Interpretation
- Planning and task direction
- Vendor and materials management
- Mathematics and science
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Microsoft Office
- Able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Anticipated base salary range: $63,000 – $74,000
Premium Daily Per Diem paid for food, lodging, rotational travel
Domestic Travel 76 – 100%
The start date for these roles will either be January/February 2024 or June/July 2024.
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representatives of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Rarely: Carrying (5-15lbs), Climbing, Crouching, Gripping, Handling, Hearing, Kneeling, Pinching, Pulling (16 – 30lbs)
- Occasionally: Grasping, Pushing (16 – 30lbs), Lifting (16 – 30lbs), Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Standing, Stooping
- Frequently: Reading, Sitting, Walking
- Constantly: Vision
- The Employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, humidity, wet, noise, and vibrations and is frequently exposed to hazards.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.