We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions and the perspectives you bring.
Field Engineer I – Transmission & Distribution will work on projects and assist Project Managers and Superintendents with day-to-day activities at the job site. This person will support multiple aspects of engineer, procure and construct projects in the renewable energy sector.
- Monitors production and cost and compares to the job budget.
- Provides accurate daily construction activity data and quantities to the Project Engineer and Project Cost Engineer.
- Supports the Project Manager, Project Engineer, and Project Cost Engineer in budget and schedule preparation prior to commencement of the project.
- Measures and report completed work and progress versus the baseline schedule.
- Compiles project quality and closeout documentation.
- Tracks staffing and equipment levels, production quantities, and works with the Superintendents to measure work quantities and then delivers that data to the Project Engineer, and Project Cost Engineer for tracking purposes.
- Assists superintendents with preparation of project schedules.
- Communicates via: in-person conversations, email interactions, site reports, meetings and teleconferences as needed.
- Participates in project meetings with engineers, subcontractors, and clients.
- Supports Project Manager with client communications, RFIs, submittals, and change management.
- Works directly with the Superintendents, Project Engineer, and Project Cost Engineer to ensure that labor, equipment, and materials are procured in a timely manner to support the project schedule.
- Communicates variances and changes to the Project Engineer and Project Cost Engineer.
- Provides feedback to the Project Engineer to support continuous improvement.
- Performs quality control activities on the jobsite to ensure that work is being completed in accordance with project plans and specifications as well as industry best practice.
- Performs quality control checks and provides daily direction to quality control inspectors to ensure processes are implemented according to the quality plan and that all work is inspected in a timely and consistent manner.
- Utilizes, and ensures utilization of, the Safety Management System (SMS), the Quality Management System (QMS), the Environmental Management System (EMS), and technical procedures.
- Ensures that all necessary field surveying and staking out is performed in time, accurately, and in accordance with the approved construction drawings, to support the performance of the construction work in accordance with the project schedule.
- Works with the Project Engineer to resolve technical and engineering queries that arise from the field, including drafting/completing documents such as requests for information, technical enquiry forms, and transmittals.
- Attends work regularly and punctually, as scheduled or expected.
- Complies with Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and Company Policies & Procedures.
- Presents, supports, and leads-by-example with a safety and quality-oriented attitude.
- Support engineering and procurement with takeoff, vendor solicitation, and subcontracting.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent (eight years of relevant experience) required
- 0-1 years work experience in Electrical, Renewable Energy, and Engineer Procure Construct contract experience
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Construction site safety and OSHA requirements
- Quality assurance processes
- Reading prints and drawings and taking off quantities
- Arranging for surveying and staking out work
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Use of computer software, including Microsoft Suite, and other proprietary systems
- Interpretation of a project schedule
- Planning and task direction
- Vendor and materials management
- Understanding environmental concepts
Anticipated base salary range: $65,000 – $75,000
Premium Daily Per Diem paid for food, lodging, rotational travel
The start date for these roles will either be in January/February 2024 or June/July 2024.
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representatives of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The position involves heavy work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed Rarely: Climbing, Pinching, Stooping; Occasionally: Carrying (5-15lbs), Crouching, Grasping, Gripping, Handling, Kneeling, Pulling (5-15lbs), Pushing (5-15lbs), Lifting (5-15lbs), Reaching, Standing, Walking; Frequently: Repetitive Motion; Constantly: Reading, Hearing, Vision, Sitting. The Employee is rarely exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, humidity, wet, noise, hazards, or vibrations
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
#LI-Onsite Apply now