Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're guided by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 24 days holiday (with an additional discretionary day given by the company) with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The Civil Engineer provides engineering support to all markets within the RES Group, with a focus on maximising potential, reducing cost and managing risk to the business. The primary activities performed by the Civil Engineer are to provide design management, civil engineering design and advice as required to meet the project requirements. This role focuses on engineering input into the development of wind, solar, battery energy storage and green hydrogen projects.
We are considering Internships and Secondments at this time
The Group Engineering team provides engineering support to all RES Regional Businesses across all phases of low carbon projects. In a changing global market RES needs to achieve cost parity with conventional generation, we have a role to ensure effective knowledge sharing across the RES Group and to reduce cost through innovative engineering solutions that achieve a balance between risk and cost. The department also has a key role in supporting RES to diversify into new markets and technologies.
The role of the Civil Engineer focusses on the engineering required for project development. This includes management of the layout design process, identification and mitigation of project risks and delivery of discrete elements of design, along with interfacing with project stakeholders and consultants, and technical review of preliminary designs or ad-hoc technical/regulatory advice. This role also provides vital support to the operational projects in maintaining and upgrading assets under RES management.
Additionally, the Civil Engineer supports project teams across all RES regions by providing advice, review and design services, and to promote consistent best practice in the area of civil engineering and design.
The Civil Engineer has responsibility to:
· Manage and deliver the engineering required to develop safe, buildable, and cost-efficient projects
· Perform engineering assessments to identify and manage risk to projects through their life cycle
· Manage consultants and contractors performing specialist works eg. survey, geotechnical, flood risk as part of project development
· Interface with project stakeholders and provide advice on engineering aspects which affect safety, quality, cost and programme of project development
· Lead on the development and implementation of innovative solutions to maximise the value and minimise the cost of projects
· Promote and maintain consistency and high technical standards across the RES Group in their area(s) of civil engineering
· Coordinate best practice across markets and business units in the RES Group
Knowledge you will need
· Engineering principles as they affect project development
· Working knowledge of renewable energy projects (development, construction and/or operation) would be an advantage
· Specialist knowledge in a relevant area of civil engineering eg. geotechnical, earthworks, drainage would be an advantage
· UK CDM Regulations
· Understanding of cross-functional project requirements and priorities
Skills you will have
· Commercial awareness relating to contract compliance, cost control and relative value of engineering solutions
· Good time management skills to balance priorities across projects
· Works collaboratively, within and across project functions
· Presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences
· Attention to detail during preparation and review of engineering deliverables
Experience you have
· Practical application of engineering knowledge to civil engineering projects
· Management of health and safety and risk mitigation in design
· Development and implementation of new processes and technology
Qualifications you hold
· Honours degree in Civil Engineering or related subject
· Eligible to progress towards CEng status through the Institution of Civil Engineers
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Group - Engineering - 359
United Kingdom, Kings Langley
United Kingdom, Glasgow
Permanent Full TimeApply now