RES currently has a T-Line Project Manager position open for out sites across the U.S.
Summary: Project Managers will take ownership of the entire project performance including safety, quality, schedule, budget, and client satisfaction. This person will be responsible for contract administration, project planning, and labor and equipment resource management. Project Managers will oversee the construction project from start to finish, and often be responsible for multiple projects at once.
- Present, support and lead-by-example with a safety and quality orientated attitude.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Maintains a positive relationship with the Client as the primary point of contact ensuring that the company fulfilling its obligations under the contract and providing the best value to the Client.
- Analyzes information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Determines the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
- Ensures that all procurement, submittals, and work plans are in place in order to facilitate work as scheduled.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of the construction process, including hiring subcontractors and working with engineers and vendors. Negotiate contracts with engineers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Confers with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with safety regulations
- Recognizes, identifies, and manages Change.
- Manages and leads the project team, ensuring that all responsibilities are being met.
- Coaches and develops project team members.
- Must resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Construction Management
- Scope of Work management
- Managing a fast paced environment
- Managing in a stressful environment
- QA/QC processes
- Vendor and materials management
- Reading prints & drawings
- Team building
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Understanding of processes and procedures
- Mathematics & Science (General)Estimating work efforts
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
Basic level of knowledge in:
- Writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Drawing review and comment software
- This person will have at least 5 years of experience in a construction project management role, preferably with a self-performing contractor.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in executing Engineer Procure Construct Transmission Line projects is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with T-line and Substation experience
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters that enjoy challenges and leading teams.
- Travel is required.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.