RES currently has several positions open for T&D Journeyman Electrician at our various sites across the US
Performs the maintenance, and troubleshooting of electrical and electronic systems on wind farm construction site.
- Experienced with MV cable installation and terminations.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Follow drawings to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment.
- Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
- Responsible to ensure SAFETY requirements must be met.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
- Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- REQUIRED: EL-1J Journeyman license
- Must provide copy of current license.
- Minimum 2 years heavy construction experience;
- Drug testing and background investigation required;
- Available for mandatory overtime on a weekly basis.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.