RES currently has Sr. Project Manager positions open at our wind project sites in Texas and Missiouri. Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future. RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance, and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: Site-based Project Management of Utility-scale wind, solar, battery storage or transmission projects.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before the scope of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing. (PM, Super’s and CM’s)
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Manage the development of a fully functional resource loaded schedule
- Manages the project execution plan
- Hosts project kick-off and close-out meetings
- Manage project required construction permits as a prerequisite for project inception.
- Manage site visits required prior to construction
- Allocate Project Budget
- Track Costs to date
- Forecasts Cost to Complete
- Utilize the use of
- Labor Management
- Materials Management
- Equipment Management
- Develop Contracts and Change orders.
- Manage purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Ensures that the overall terms of the main contracts are passed on to the subcontracts.
- Directs, guides, and coaches Project Managers, Project Superintendents, and other Field Managers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to clients and executive management.
- Manages site personnel.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- align individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- manage and support employee development and growth;
- provide regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Manages the implementation of the RES quality control program to ensure that the processes are in compliance with RES requirements.
- Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on-field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Project Management
- Contract management
- Budget Analysis and Controls
- QA/QC processes
- Vendor and materials management
- Reading prints & drawings
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Report writing
- Writing skills
- Internally with executive management, Project Managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams.
- Externally to clients, owners, vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, municipal and electrical authorities, interconnections and municipalities for permits.
- Development of processes and procedures
- Mathematics & Science (General)
- Estimating work efforts
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Presentation skills
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma & Lean
- ISO systems
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Drawing review and comment software
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- Job costing or accounting software
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience).
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus.
- Must have 10 years or more years of experience with 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.