RES currently has Site Project Manager positions open for our wind and solar projects across the USA. We have an immediate need in the Randolph, UT area.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: Site based project management of Utility scale wind, solar, battery storage or transmission projects. . Flexible Travel Home program - Project Manager ONLY : Work is 21 days site based (includes days off) and 7 days offsite (location of choice); flexibility in the program exists for individual circumstances, travel home program is established at the beginning of a project and is in effect for the duration of the project; utilizes additional per diem funds for travel.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing. (PM, Super’s and CM’s)
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Manages the project plan, hosts kick off, and close out meetings for the project.
- Manage project required construction permits as a prerequisite for project inception.
Allocate budget, costs to date, forecasts cost to completion, procurement and materials management.
- Develop Contracts and Change orders.
- Manage purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Ensures that the overall terms of the main contract are passed on to the subcontracts.
- Directs, guides, and coaches discipline managers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to clients and executive management.
- Manages site personnel.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- Align individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- Manage and support employee development and growth;
- Provide regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
- Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Estimating work efforts
- Change orders
- Project Permits
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Decision making
- QA/QC Processes
- Development of processes and procedures
- Continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management
- Understanding environmental concepts including permit requirements
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Project Finance
- Contract Management
- Sub-Contractor and vendor and materials management
- Construction drawing review
- Drawing Quantity Takeoff
- Engineering management
- Communications, leading meetings, engaging teams, public speaking, presentations
- Writing skills
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio)
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- Job costing or accounting software
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience).
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus.
- Must have 5-10 years or more years of experience with 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.