RES Currently has a Senior Accountant position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
- RES is one of the prominent developers and contractors of the growing renewables field. The senior accountant will support RES’ portfolio of wind, solar, and storage construction projects in the US and Canada, performing percentage completion revenue accounting, monitoring and recording expenses, collecting A/R, department reporting, and supporting the finance function with developing department budgets and review of cash flows by project.
- This position will provide GL and operational support for the Accounting department. Duties will include the evaluation and recording of transactions to the GL necessary to ensure the financials, internal reporting, and external reporting are complete and accurate. Further, this position is responsible for reconciliations, deposits, accruals, routine entries, month-end close entries, audit support, and certain reporting needs.
- Support and / or participate on special projects or projects as assigned.
- Opportunity to grow with a fast-growing international company in the renewables industry performing various tasks across many business aspects including renewables development, construction, and asset management. Position will be in the middle of many challenging and complex accounting and business tasks. The above is not all inclusive. Searching for a well-rounded candidate ready to grow and expand their accounting knowledge and skills.
- Position is established for a strong staff accountant or junior senior accountant. Lots of growth potential as the right candidate learns the business, displays excellence performance, and continuous to develop technical capabilities.
- Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, reviewing and completing all assigned month-end functions.
- Perform reconciliations and maintain documentation related to balance sheet accounts.
- Evaluate transactions and record to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials and trial balance are accurate and complete.
- Participate in margin review meetings with PMs, Directors, and VPs. Complete monthly % complete, elimination, and WIP reports for accounting.
- Manage intercompany recharge process between company and construction subsidiary.
- Assist with managing the AR process, including follow up with customers to ensure A/R is submitted, monthly follow-up with clients on payment due dates, and approved timely; collected by due date with appropriate documentation. Ensure billings are correct and reconciled monthly.
- Provide project sites with cash flow actuals. Work with sites to develop 12-month cash flow forecasts with focus on accuracy of forecasts, especially 1-3 months out.
- Work with Accounting to review construction contracts for any unusual risks, warranty obligations, or % complete accounting.
- Collaborate with company engineers, construction workers, PMs, developers, accounting, tax as well as third party consultants when managing assigned projects.
- Communicate and train where necessary the construction team on accounting processes and assistance in understanding the numbers.
- Contribute and lead the improving, automating, or streamlining of job costing, timesheets, construction accounting, equipment tracking, procurement, or A/P processes.
- As assigned, responsible for researching, producing, reviewing, analyzing, and issuing periodic reports on general business activity.
- Compiling, reconciling, and invoicing inter-company activities.
- Assist with preparation of both consolidated and stand-alone financial statements, including preparation of related footnotes and disclosures.
- Review, analyze, and re-class P&L activity to ensure a strong Income Statement.
- Assist team in process documentation
- Assist team in systems implementations and data integrity
- Projects as assigned by Accounting Managers and other team leads within the accounting and finance team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specially Excel including the use of pivot tables. Experience with ERP or Reporting Systems a plus
- Detailed oriented
- Prioritization, organization, and time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong critical thinking skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Clearly express information via schedules, tables, charts and commentary to superiors or management.
- Ability to manage under tight deadlines and handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-directed individual who enjoys learning and receiving coaching.
- Current knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experience with ERP systems is preferable
- Experience within construction accounting (% complete, job costing, earned value, scheduling, WIP, etc) is preferable
- BS in Accounting
- 2+ years of public or industry accounting experience
- CPA a plus
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.