RES currently has positions open for a Project Analyst at our Toronto, Canada location.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Plan, tracks, analyzes and reports the monthly schedule progress, earned value, and cost forecasting of construction projects.
- Will work closely with Project Managers to get accurate project forecasts and schedule updates.
- Communication with executive level management to review budgets, forecast costs through completion, and report margins.
- Perform monthly accounting tasks including booking of AR, Project accruals, revenue for construction projects, balance reconciliation and cash forecasting.
- Collaborate with subcontractors and owners to ensure accuracy of progress billings.
- Review invoices/statements and ensure all bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Assist with fiscal year-end audit schedules.
- Communicate daily with site managers to establish and maintain understanding of project issues.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly forecast reports, cash flow forecast, and percentage of project completion, and calculating cost accrual amounts.
- Record journal entries and AP and AR entries.
- Assist in development and maintenance of earned value management system for assigned projects
- Collects data and produces an initial analysis on manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements
- Provides support for tracking purchase orders and subcontract commitments and expenditures
- Development of Critical Path Method (CPM) baseline schedule of the engineering, procurement and construction components for assigned projects
- Update, analyze and maintain the EPC schedule for assigned projects
- Assist in scope control and change management and determine implications to project schedule and cost
- Perform month end close duties
- Perform general site audits during visits in regards to safety, quality, environmental, site moral, etc
- Responsible for larger scale projects and multiple projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Interpersonal skills
- Budgeting and Cost forecasting
- MS Excel
- Relationship building
- Construction management
- Company policies and procedures
- Experience with ERP systems/data management
- Knowledge of Accounting, AP and AR
- Contract management
- Change order management
- Civil Engineering
- Procurement processes
- Electrical Engineering
- Cashflow management
- Microsoft Officesuite
- Accounting software
- Formulas in MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience
- Must be willing to visit each assigned project each month.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
Office environment 70%
Up to 30% travel to remote project locations.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.