RES currently has positions open for a Procurement Manager at our Broomfield, CO location.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Renewable Energy Systems Americas Inc. (RES) is seeking a Procurement Manager to join the central Procurement Team, with the purpose of achieving competitive advantage through the application of best practices in supply management and driving overall business profitability. The expectation is that Procurement Managers will drive Key Supplier Management behavior internally and externally to contribute to the success of RES and its key suppliers.
The Procurement Manager will collaborate with construction project teams, engineering, estimating, legal, insurance and other groups to procure services, materials, and equipment to support successful construction projects.
- Actively partners with our internal customers/stakeholders, other supporting functions and legal teams. Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute negotiation strategies that include optimal targets for pricing, service, and quality.
- Lead cross-functional teams, (including construction, engineering and operations) in the formulation and upkeep of key segment and supplier relations such that RES is viewed as one of their key customers.
- Issue RFPs, perform bid evaluations, negotiate prices and contracts to include price, schedule, scope, performance guarantees, specifications, and other legal and commercial terms favorable to RES.
- Steadily develop and implement improvement programs that result in continuously lower total cost of ownership and reduced time to market.
- Enter Purchase Orders into the Business World accounting system and issue them to suppliers and subcontractors with documentation upon approval.
- Arrange, track, and expedite the timely delivery of services, materials, and equipment to meet site expectations, holds self and others accountable for meeting milestones.
- Reports status updates regularly to construction teams and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Strong contract experience and contract knowledge is key including the ability to assist (when needed) legal and other business units with supplier performance or contract issues (provide contract history, supplier notifications and development of action plans).
- Multi-tasks and able to prioritize project work load and category portfolio for the given fiscal year.
- Participate in required training and follow safety management system (SMS), quality management system (QMS), and environmental management system (EMS) procedures. Work with Health, Safety, Quality, and Environment (HSQE) group to evaluate subcontractors, implement safe practices, and mitigate safety risks.
- Learn and actively drive the use of the various software platforms used by Procurement including Business World, SmartBidNet, Sharepoint, Hive World etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Key supplier management experience
- Category management experience
- Price negotiation experience
- Good at problem solving and decision-making, including in scenarios where information is uncertain and timeframes are tight
- Advanced experience in contract preparation, negotiation, monitoring, and controlling
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizing capabilities
- Good communicator (written and verbal) and able to build strong, effective relationships with team members, work colleagues and suppliers
- High level of competency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Highly desirable
- Knowledge of construction industry and associated field concepts, practices, and procedures, with knowledge of renewable industry an added bonus
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Lean methodology
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum 5 years of experience negotiating purchase orders and subcontracts
- Certification with ISM or CIPS preferred
- Must have a valid current driver license and be eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel (up to 25% of time) to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.