RES currently has positions open for a Origination Intern at our Broomfield, CO location.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: Member of the Origination team to contribute to RES Americas sales/deal structuring efforts.
Renewable Energy Systems (RES) is a leading developer and constructor of wind, solar, and energy storage projects. The RES Origination team finds PPAs for RES-developed projects and is currently looking for a Summer 2109 intern in the Broomfield, CO office. This is a paid position.
The ideal candidate will be part of a dynamic sales team opening new channels beyond traditional utility purchasers of power as well as developing new methods to reach traditional customers. Creativity, energy, a strong work ethic, finance savvy and the desire to learn the way modern power markets operate are essential attributes of the right candidate.
- Undertake independent research projects focused on markets for RES green power projects
- Assess and identify opportunities for renewable energy & storage projects
- Regularly analyze trade publications and other data sets to identify green power opportunities
- Support Origination team members working with utilities and industrial/commercial clients to understand their green power objectives and craft deals to meet these objectives
- Work across company and offices in collaborative spirit
- Participate in weekly team meetings/calls
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Senior or Graduate Level in Sustainability, Energy, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
- Energy sector interest – especially low-carbon power
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Good analytical skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work professionally and confidentially with clients, vendors, colleagues, and supervisors
- Meet required objectives and deadlines
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job
- Working towards a B.A/B.S. or graduate degree in relevant field. MUST be currently enrolled in a university program
- Some work experience preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.