RES currently has Mechanic positions based in Benbrook or Weatherford, TX with travel to our project sites nationwide.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing high quality repairs on heavy equipment in a field/shop environment. Heavy Equipment types will range from compact construction equipment to large size earth moving equipment. This is a primarily field-based role, with base of operations in DFW area Weatherford/Benbrook, TX.
- Ensures that safety is the most important function, follows safe practices while working.
- Reinforces safe behaviors and eliminates “at risk” behaviors.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and understands standard operating procedures.
- Receives job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing.
- Follows technical, quality and safety systems in place and determines appropriate action.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Conforms to specifications of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
- Follows appropriate usage of project related materials and equipment.
- Reports and documentations variances of work, production and deliverables to supervisor.
- Perform basic mechanical duties, including trouble shooting, diagnostics and repair of equipment in the field, needs to be familiar with all makes of equipment.
- Performs electronic engine diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Travels to remote locations for periods up to 12 months, returning to base of operations (Benbrook, TX) in between assignments. May be eligible for per diems when traveling, if meets requirements.
- Experience with diagnostic tools, such as CAT ET Systems are preferred.
- Repairs and maintains aerial and tensioning equipment associated with Transmission and Distribution (T & D) Line work required.
- Understands and complies with all DOT rules and regulations.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather.
- Works mandatory overtime on a weekly basis.
- Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Complies with operating procedures.
- Reporting productivity daily
- Understands and follows established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site to ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to supervisor.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Supports a positive and engaging work environment by:
- adheres to department and company objectives;
- supports employee development and growth;
- discusses feedback on performance with supervisor.
- Ensures quality control program processes are followed according to the plan and are consistent.
- Ensures the required documentation is submitted for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Ensures permitting is complete before commencement of work.
- Ensures training is complete to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Read and understand mechanical equipment specifications
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks including:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Ability to work on different types of terrain.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Minimum 2 years heavy construction experience; or equivalent to 0 years for a graduate of a mechanical technical college.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Meets and maintains DOT qualifications with Medical Card; in good standing;
- CDL license with A or B certification preferred;
- Must provide own tools.
Physical requirements and environment:
- The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Note: The Company reserves the right to modify or alter this job description at any time in the future.
- RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.