Summary: Perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of the HR department. When needed, provides back up to the front desk for lunches and breaks. HR Assistants are involved in a number of areas of Human Resources.
Training and Development
- Support of training coordination and logistics
- Schedule interviews
- Escort candidates to interviews
- Troubleshoot problems that may arise during interview days
- Collect manager feedback on interviews
- Post jobs on the ATS, job boards, local newspapers, etc.
- Move candidates through the ATS & forward resumes to managers as needed
- Coordinate with IT to ensure laptops and e-mail address are set-up for new hire start date.
- Serve as a point person for new employee questions
- Prepare interview guides & packets for hiring managers.
- Arrange travel & accommodations for applicants and new hires.
- Audit benefit plans on monthly basis
- Assist employees with benefit enrollments during busy periods
- Process benefit invoices
- Maintain current HR files and databases
- Update and maintain electronic and hard copy records related to employee benefits, new hire paperwork, employment status, promotions, supervisor and title changes, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, I-9 forms, etc.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized, dependable, flexible and able to quickly shift from task to task while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited oversight
- Previous experience with an Applicant Tracking System desirable.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively read and interpret information and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Effective Time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality under all circumstances
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to follow instructions and respond efficiently to management direction.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.