RES currently has a Heavy Haul Truck Driver position open. This will be a field based role with Benbrook, TX as the base location.
Responsible for safe and efficient operation of Heavy Haul truck and lowboy to support mobilization of equipment to and from job sites and on job sites when required. Driver with heavy haul experience, Hazmat and Heavy Haul Certification preferred. This is a primarily field based role, with base of operations in Benbrook, TX.
- Operates vehicles and/or equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Loads and unloads a variety of heavy haul construction equipment, may involve heavy lifting.
- Inspects site to ensure safe environment to load and unload.
- Complies with site policies and safety procedures.
- Performs all required DOT inspections and complies with other regulatory DOT requirements by adhering to state and federal laws and regulations.
- Understands and complies with all DOT rules and regulations.
- Works mandatory overtime on a weekly basis.
- Familiar with permitting process.
- Lifts objects to include chains, binders and blocks up to 50lbs.
- Travels for extended periods of time away from home base in Benbrook, TX.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather.
- Position will be based in Benbrook, TX, duties may require travel to job locations for extended periods of time. May be eligible for per diems when traveling.
- Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Ability to operate and drive a truck/lowboy
- Understands and complies with all DOT rules and regulations
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently
- Read and understand mechanical equipment specifications for Heavy Haul equipment
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks including:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Ability to work on different types of terrain.
- Minimum 2 years Heavy Haul experience.
- Competent in operating construction equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Meets and maintains DOT qualifications with Medical Card; in good standing;
- Maintains Class A CDL license
- Heavy Haul certification
- Hazmat preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.