RES currently has a FP&A / Financial Analyst position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
- This role is responsible for the ongoing needs of the FP&A group to deliver to the departments, customers, and external parties custom and routine reporting on an ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- This role is also responsible for the building and maintaining financial reports from the ERP system using a variety of mediums including the ERP system report writer, CPM reporting system, or Excel.
- The position is involved with financial analysis and trends, forecasting, monthly analytical reporting, along with other ad hoc projects supporting both the finance department and business operations. Provide day-to-day support for field questions and analysis. Participate in the forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Special projects are common to this position.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Provide continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting and modeling tools
- Able to plan, report and analyze multiple cost center expenses, consolidations, legal entities, and departments.
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Quarterly and monthly financial reports
- Ability to prepare easy-to-read reports and present information to Senior Management Team and department heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Proficiency creating custom reporting in ERP systems
- Understand current reporting structure to assist in future automation of ERP and reporting systems.
- Optimize reporting and data quality proactively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required including the use of pivot tables, building financial models; experience with ERP or Reporting Systems a plus.
- Expertise and experience of improving processes and utilizing technology to improve efficiencies.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and large datasets
- Analytical abilities to assess reasonableness of information collected/provided; identify trends, provide comments and recommendations.
- Must have the ability to perform extensive root cause analysis of problem areas and recommend alternative solutions.
- Participate in an efficient and comprehensive process for developing financial plans (annual budgets, monthly re-forecasts and long-range strategic plans); linking analysis to the strategic objectives.
- Prepares a monthly reporting package for the executive leadership that includes budget analysis, selected financial information, KPI’s and insights into key business trends.
- Support quarterly and monthly reporting to deliver high quality, timely and accurate information.
- Clearly express results to management through schedules, tables, charts and commentary
- Ability to explain financial results/details to non-financial managers at field locations
- Advanced accounting knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, financial statements, and consolidations.
- Ability to manage under tight deadlines and handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-directed individual who works well with teams.
- Communication skills to interact with many departments and managerial levels within the organization
- BS in Accounting/Finance, or Business-related field. MBA or CPA a plus
- 2-6 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting. Minimum 2 years in financial analysis.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing custom reporting solutions
- Action oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires prioritizing, performing with a high degree of accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven ability to interact with and influence senior level business executives
- Power user in Excel required
- Exceptional customer focus
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.