RES currently has positions open for a Environmental Supervisor at our Pincher Creek, AB
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy
company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and
distribution. Our vision is to be a
leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon
energy. Being part of the RES team means
shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including
medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D,
paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work
schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional
Summary: Inspect all environmental documents and features to support the needs of the project. Work with project leadership to ensure timely mitigation is achieved to ensure permit compliance.
- Supervises a BMP or recycling crew and must have the ability to enter hours for personnel and equipment into HeavyJob, when site is self-performing.
- Leads environmental compliance efforts through review and maintenance of all project environmental documents and logs.
- Performs all SWPPP and SPCC inspections.
- Prepares environmental applications and required compliance documents for use during project.
- In coordination with supervision; issues directives to mitigate non-compliance noted during inspections. Records and tracks deficiencies through to resolution.
- Supports sustainability initiatives including re-use, recycling and special/hazardous waste removal. Maintains CWMP log and provides submittals as required.
- Maintains accurate environmental record keeping for compliance and internal use (SWPPP, SPCC, CWMP, CEP, rain log, restoration documentation, wildlife reporting, records of discussion etc.)
- Provides guidance to subcontractors on environmental issues; when necessary, researches information to respond to staff queries.
- Supports RES safety program and performs weekly safety inspections.
- May assist Environmental Supervisor with site training initiatives.
- Assists in BMP maintenance and recycling efforts.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relationship building and excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, and management
- Maintaining records and databases
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Hazardous chemical storage and disposal
- MS Office
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Sub-contractor and vendor management
- General construction
- 30 semester hours of Environmental coursework (Geology, Biology, Ecology, Chemistry, Water Resources, Land Use, Environmental Science etc.) OR 1-3 years of proven construction or regulatory experience performing audits or inspections to ensure permit compliance on large scale construction projects.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certificate of completion of Qualified Inspector/Preparer of SWPPP’s.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify or alter this job description at any time in the future.