RES is looking for an Electrical Construction Manager for projects in our Northwest division.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Electrical Site Managers take ownership of the entire project performance including safety, quality, schedule, budget, and client satisfaction. This person will be responsible for the day to day management of substation, transmission and distribution work.
- Present, support and lead-by-example with a safety and quality orientated attitude.
- Manage and lead the project team, ensuring that all responsibilities are being met. Coach and develop project team members
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Client as the primary point of contact ensuring that the company fulfilling its obligations under the contract and providing the best value to the Client.
- Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines. Work with the Project Manager to ensure that all procurement, submittals, and work plans are in place to facilitate work as scheduled.
- Work together with Superintendents to prepare schedules, three-week-look-aheads, and daily reports.
- Recognize, identify, and manage change.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicate daily with client, superintendents, project manager, safety and quality departments, acting as the point person for the project between all vested parties.
- Lead daily safety meetings with project employees.
- Schedules and ensures appropriate staffing for daily construction activities with employees and sub-contractors.
- Provides oversight of subcontractors and communicates to eliminate conflict between all stakeholders
- Creates and implements daily work plans.
- Ensures construction disciplines are coordinating daily functions to minimize schedule delays.
- Act as a liaison with landowners and utilities
- Identifies potential employee relations issues.
- Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow and staffing issues.
- Monitors and reports on progress, production and safety daily
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication to include listening skills
- Subcontractor Management
- Relationship building
- Adaptability to environment
- Decision making
- Manage in a stressful environment
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Construction knowledge
- Environmental management
- Civil and Electrical knowledge
- Fundamentals of contract requirements
- Understanding Scheduling concepts and exceptions
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Site investigation
- Accounting software
- Utility right of ways
- Change orders
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- High School diploma.
- 3-7 years field experience in Substation and/or Transmission work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Engineer Procure Construction experience preferred
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 certification preferred.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.