RES currently has a Development Manager II position open. This position could be based out of Broomfield, CO, Portland OR, Minneapolis, MN or Old Saybrook, CT
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
The Development Manager II for Renewable Energy Systems is responsible for day-to-day aspects of utility-scale renewable generation project development, from site identification through commencement of construction. The focus of this position will be to identify, secure and develop commercially viable utility-scale solar and wind project development opportunities to meet RES business objectives.
- Identify viable project opportunities by working with cross-functional team including energy resource engineers, transmission, permitting and other subject matter experts.
- Represent Company in community settings and in front of large multi-stakeholder settings
- Manage all aspects of the land-rights acquisition process.
- Manage environmental review and permitting and siting work
- Manage transmission/interconnection process
- Create, manage and report on project specific budgets and schedules
- Identify and pursue offtake and commercial opportunities; develop relationships with key utilities and potential clients
- Work with finance team to assess viability of emerging opportunities.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action; report potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with and ability to stay current with changing regulatory environment
- Understanding of contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies
- Ability to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Familiarity with professional and industry best practices
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Advanced ability to solve complex problems
- Understanding of the time-value of money and fundamental finance theory
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more
- Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, desktop mapping)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering or closely related field;
- Work equivalency – minimum 10 years
- 5 years of experience in power generation development, or equivalent business development experience
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.