RES currently has a Development Manager I position open. This position could be based out of Broomfield, CO, Portland OR, Minneapolis, MN or Old Saybrook, CT
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: The Development Manager I for Renewable Energy Systems is responsible for day-to-day aspects of utility-scale renewable generation projects including project identification, site control, due-diligence, and development of utility scale renewable energy projects.
Responsible for utility scale renewable energy project site identification, site control, due-diligence, and development. Duties will include but not limited to:
- Coordinating with internal RES teams to apply fundamental site criteria (land ownership, resource, access to existing transmission lines, constructability, etc.) to select prospective project sites
- Directly engaging landowners to determine interest in project participation.
- Planning and managing land acquisition strategies, including management of external land acquisition contractors.
- Representing RES America Developments Inc. in community settings and in front of large landowner groups.
- Leading all commercial aspects of land acquisition negotiations and coordinating with legal counsel to negotiate and execute land control documentation.
- Coordinating with RES teams to manage and conduct environmental due diligence and permitting work
- Coordinating with RES teams to manage and conduct interconnection/transmission processes
- Coordinating with RES engineering and construction teams to conduct constructability due diligence.
- Generating project budgets, schedules, risk assessments and stage gate approvals
- Managing a portfolio of dozens of utility scale solar photovoltaic development assets
- Assisting in any power marketing activities or project sales.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of regulatory, and market forces for the regions in which they are developing.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with a strong inclination toward team building and participation and natural leadership
- Comfortable with making and communicating decisions and recommendations without complete information.
- Comfortable with reading, reviewing, and negotiating contracts.
- Able to manage highly dynamic workflows and be able to switch quickly from forming portfolio strategies to the execution of the daily tactics and tasks to advance projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering or closely related field;
- Three (3) years’ experience as Business Manager, Lawyer, Paralegal or Engineer;
- Three (3) years’ experience must have included:
- Experience in large scale commercial project development, real estate or land acquisition;
- Managing the full-spectrum of core responsibilities independently or with limited over-sight;
- Managing land acquisition through financial closing activity;
- Managing client interactions and delivering on time cost effective projects; and
- Skills in MSOffice and Outlook.
- Availability to travel: 25%-50%, representing the company at meetings on wind or solar energy in southern U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.