RES currently has a Database Administrator position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
The Database administrator is responsible for managing RES database and database infrastructure across a global infrastructure. This role will be responsible for review of and making recommendations around the current and future landscape and configuration. Ownership and accountability are important to this role. Working with the wider IT and business teams will be an important element of this.
The IT DBA will provide input into the assessment along with remediation actions and business cases for investment and improvement plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Management of all RES databases
- Installation of SQL and other DB platforms as required
- Creation and configuration of databases both local and cloud based PAAS
- Migration of on-premise databases to cloud environment
- Define and Manage security controls of these databases
- Assess current utilization and make recommendations as to configuration and capacity
- Monitor and maintain system health and security
- Monitor backup processes for server and associated data
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
- Create database management procedures
- Assisting in product installation & reviewing initial installation options
This role is a strong hands-on role, as you will be the single resource working with IT technicians that have a level of knowledge around database configuration and management. You should have strong in-depth knowledge with the ability to define policies and processes around the database environment. The ability to identify lower level issues and offer solutions to resolve these.
Must have knowledge of the following technologies:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL both infrastructure and databases
- An understanding of Microsoft Clustering and failover options
- Knowledge of Azure databases
- Knowledge of SQL Database Replication
- Knowledge of Hybrid Data Architectures
- Experience working with the Microsoft stack including Windows server, Active Directory
- Experience or knowledge of other Database technologies
- Proven ability to engage, build strong relationships, influence and partner with stakeholders across functions and geographies
- Credible and capable; able to quickly build the confidence of the technical teams both within IT and outwards
- Determined, with a drive to deliver outstanding results
- A dynamic individual, with strong, proven delivery skills. Happy to take accountability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - A capable negotiator, both internally and with third parties
- This role requires regular, predictable and timely attendance at work to meet department workload demands
- Implement a global database strategy
- Work under resource constraints
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience will be required for this role
- Up to date SQL Server MCSA certification (preferred)
- Degree from an accredited university or a technical qualification or certification, with appropriate work experience
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Minimal travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.