RES currently has Construction Internship opportunities available at our wind and solar projects across the US.Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
RES is seeking a summer construction intern for our wind and solar sites across the US. Must be able to travel and live in remote areas, sites in places. Career-related activities encountered in the student's area of specialization, under supervision of the Project Manager. This position will provide mentoring and practical hands-on experience and assist the intern with achieving deliverables related to the renewable industry.
Experience Gained as a RES Americas Intern:
- Experience in multiple disciplines including civil, electrical, mechanical, administrative, and project management
- Internship will consist of shifting between disciplines and direct supervisors so intern may grasp a breadth of knowledge as it relates to the construction of renewable energy projects
- Customized internship schedule based on intern’s desired scopes as indicated in internship documentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced construction environment on a project with expedited construction schedules
- Opportunity to travel to construction project sites and compensated with relevant per diem
- Assigned a “mentor” Project Engineer to discuss your weekly experiences and associated internship requirements with and learn about other RES Americas projects
- Develop professional skills that will enable future success in the construction industry
- The RES Americas intern will be provided a schedule outlining the scopes and direct supervisors that they will report to during their time on the construction project site
- This schedule will be developed in accordance with the project resource needs, the intern's capabilities and desired areas of growth, and the scopes that the intern and RES Americas have selected within internship agreement documentation
- The RES Americas intern will have roles and responsibilities ranging from project management, project safety, project scheduling, project controls, administrative functions relating to requests for information, transmittals, submittals, and construction drawing registers, tasks relating to project QA/QC, discipline specific tasks in civil, electrical, and mechanical scopes
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level Engineering, Construction Science, or Construction Management program through an accredited university
- Exemplifies traits conducive to organizational growth and success such as leadership, team building, persistence and dedication to quality work, and the ability to learn and develop daily
- Must possess knowledge in safety and OSHA requirements, construction materials and methods, Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes, reading construction prints and drawings, interpretation of scopes of work, interpersonal skills, and internal & external communications
- Should have previous exposure and the aspiration to continue learning project management, contract management, resource management, development of processes and procedures, construction project scheduling, and budget analysis and controls
- Willingness and capability to travel to construction project site(s) in various locations for the duration of the internship program
- Desire to work in the energy sector, and more specifically with renewable energy
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.