RES currently has an Assistant Project Manager position located at our wind and solar projects across the USA.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Manages the Construction schedule and determines adjustments required to ensure project is delivered on time and on schedule.
- Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives.
- Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:hiring outstanding talent; aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives; managing and supporting employee development and growth; providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Manages daily tracking of work completed and decision making for actions required to meet the schedule.
- Manages daily and weekly status and progress reports of construction on site.
- Develops and updates the project schedule based on client requests as needed.
- Creates visual representation of the progress in the field using MS Visio, sends to client and executive management.
- Develops a central remote database for the site team to track the daily progress of the project as completed.
- Manages timeliness and accuracy of client and sub-contractor communications.
- Runs the Plan of the Day Meeting and updates the daily POD to ensure the accuracy of the information reported.
- Works closely with vendors and sub-contractors to obtain status updates on procurement of materials and deliveries and installations to keep the project on track.
- Applies for building and utility permits and follows up with jurisdictions’ regarding inspections to maintain compliance.
- Creates the weekly and monthly reports sent to company management and the client.
- Manages owner relationships through daily interaction with Owner’s Rep and daily correspondence with upper management.
- Participates in a launch of new GPS equipment, provides feedback to corporate to ensure quality control in the field.
- Identifies uses for GPS data collection to properly record field processes such as site layout, tree clearing, cut and fill civil work, environmental constraints to preserve habitats.
- Issues RFI’s (Request for Information) when discrepancies or inconsistencies with contracts or designs occur.
- Drafts change orders for scopes of work, schedule of values and schedules associated with both.
- Tracks all POs, invoices and RFI’s in the Accounting system, ensuring profit / loss integrity, with subcontractors and within the organization.
- Improves safety performance by working closely with Site Safety Supervisor to identify issues in the field and provided suggestions on ways to improve overall safety of the site.
- Addresses potential safety hazards at the time of the incident/s and improved processes and procedures to prevent incidents from reoccurring.
- Drives on remote construction sites.Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- MS Visio MS Project and/or Primavera
- Sub-contractor and vendor management
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- QA/QC Safety
- Environmental concepts
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Construction drawings
- Fundamental concepts of Civil construction
- Electrical construction
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (or equivalent 8 years of experience)
- 3-5 years of experience to include 1 year of management experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Certifications in OSHA, crane safety or HV are desirable.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.