RES is currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager in Balliston Spa, NY
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Manages the Construction schedule and determines adjustments required to ensure project is delivered on time and on schedule. Support project management teams through management, execution and control of design, procurement and construction on High Voltage electrical construction projects.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing. (PM, Super’s and CM’s)
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Meet or exceed client’s goals and expectations.
- Assist with managing the project plan, hosts kick off, and close out meetings for the
- Assist with managing project required construction permits as a prerequisite for project inception.
- Assist with allocating budget, costs to date, forecasts cost to completion, procurement and materials management.
- Develop Contracts and Change orders.
- Manage purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Ensures that the overall terms of the main contract is passed on to the subcontracts.
- Manages daily tracking of work completed and decision making for actions required to meet the schedule.
- Manages daily and weekly status and progress reports of construction on site.
- Develops and updates the project schedule based on client requests as needed.
- Creates visual representation of the progress in the field using MS Visio, sends to client and executive management.
- Works closely with vendors and sub-contractors to obtain status updates on procurement of materials and deliveries and installations.
- Assist with applying for building and utility permits and follows up with jurisdictions’ regarding inspections to maintain compliance.
- Creates the weekly and monthly reports sent to company management and the client.
- Manages issuance of RFI’s (Request for Information) when discrepancies or inconsistencies with contracts or designs occur.
- Drafts change orders for scopes of work, schedule of values and schedules associated with both.
- Tracks all POs, invoices and RFI’s in the Accounting system, ensuring profit / loss integrity, with subcontractors and within the organization.
- Directs, guides, and coaches Project and Field Engineers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Assist with managing site personnel.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensures that project is utilizing Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Assists with running the Plan of the Day Meeting and updates the daily POD to ensure the accuracy of the information reported.
- Ensures that QA/QC processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
- Ensures that Environmental processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- ERP Systems (Agresso, Sage, Oracle)
- Project Scheduling System (P6, MS Project)
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Construction drawings
- General construction
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Environmental concepts
- MS Visio
- EPC design management
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Sub-contractor and vendor management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (or equivalent 8 years of construction experience)
- One year of management experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Certifications in OSHA, Crane Safety or High Voltage are desirable.
- Construction management experience.
- Electrical EPC experience preferred.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily performs sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.