The role of a Turbine O&M Technician would be to support the Turbine O&M Team in the delivery specific projects and the successful candidate will be required to provide technical assistance to help resolve ongoing issues and/or implement improvements. We are looking for candidates who have a technical background in mechanical and/or electrical systems, preferably in a turbine discipline, and with good analytical fault-finding capabilities on Electrical, Mechanical & Hydraulic systems.
Additional support to the existing team in the completion of tasks as required. The current team of only three is too small for most major component tasks and with the current project pipeline the capacity is too low to allow completion of works without the need for external resource and provide holiday cover when one of the team is unavailable and allow to progress during those periods.
The role would suit an experienced Wind Turbine Technician who has aspirations in further developing their own capabilities in the delivery of high-quality maintenance activities and willing to contribute positively to the continued development of the business.
Be a good communicator both written & verbally and be proficient in customer interface at site level and in pre-task co-ordination. The suitable candidate will be comfortable in preparing Risk Assessments, Method statements and other client required procedures and be willing to adapt a high level of Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental awareness.
A flexible approach to work will be required as travel within the UK & Ireland will be necessary depending on the project needs.
Other areas of knowledge would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided for the right candidate which will include:
- Working knowledge of gearbox inspections
- Working knowledge of specialised equipment such as vibration analysis, ultra sound, bore scope and thermal imaging
- Proficient in analytical fault finding
- Blade repair experience
- Can assist with the resolution of onsite technical issues and implement technical improvements
- Take and lead main component replacements
- Identify and specifying tooling requirements
- Can conduct technical auditing & assessments
- Preparation of reporting templates and other technical documentation
- Can develop and deliver specific in-house technical training
- Has worked in a Health & Safety focused environment
Turbine O&M background
Co-ordination of subcontractors
H&S Awareness (RA, CoSSH, MS)
Mechanical or Electrical fault finding
Use of Hydraulic tooling
Good communication both written & verbal
Use of Microsoft Office applications
Wind Turbine maintenance
Large component exchange (preferred)
Managing heavy lifting
Slinger banks man
Working at height
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualification (Minimum Level 3 NVQ)