This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Renewable Energy industry supporting software to manage wind, solar and energy storage facilities around the world.
The role includes opportunities to learn technologies in Renewable Energy and to make a contribution to the future development of our flagship SMART product (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool). The role offers development opportunities to testers or support specialists looking to progress their technical skills.
The Software Support Analyst will join an established international team developing the SMART Product suite.
- Provide Tier 1 user support face to face, by phone and by email
- Escalation and management of Tier 2 support issues
- Work with users to create new extensions to SMART such as renewable site reporting templates
- Create user training material such as instructional videos and user guides
- Assist the Product Owner in the design of new functionality and user interfaces
- Support the Application Developers in coordinating local testing, database and infrastructure support
- Quality control of new product releases including testing, documentation and communication to users
- Management of testing tools and process including automated testing
- Manage team Operational KPIs and relationship with IT team to ensure good levels of service uptime and quality
- Desirable: a Degree in IT, Computing, Science, Engineering or a technical discipline desirable, or relevant experience
Experience and Skills
- Relevant experience working in application support and/or QA
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
- Basic data analysis in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of database technologies, e.g. MS SQL Server
- Understanding of DevOps practices such as continuous integration and delivery
- Desirable: Awareness of web hosting environments and optimisation, e.g. IIS
- Desirable: ITIL qualification
- Desirable: ability to write E2E/BDD tests using one or more of the following: cucumber, selenium, nightwatch, test-café
- Good written and verbal communication skills (native or fluent English)
- Desirable: French language skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritise work
- Good analysis skills and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work proactively and collaboratively to find creative solutions to shared problems
- Eligible to work in the UK
As a company we are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a low carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable.
We work in RES' award winning low carbon global headquarters, Beaufort Court, close to Kings Langley train station. The office includes a locker room with showers for runners and cyclists.