The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for end to end support and operation of the IT systems within RES Group. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the Analyst ensures all incidents are analysed, resolved, and reported back within agreed timeframes.
The role will support the IT group to develop and implement IT initiatives and continual improvements that align with the vision and business objectives of RES.
The successful candidate will work closely with the newly formed global IT team as well as the business to develop and support the end user computing environment along with any dependencies as required.
- To provide excellent 1st line support, issue resolution and request fulfilment, setting up of IT equipment, to our user-base via telephone, remote technologies, in-person channels, and occasional on-site visits. Ensure all incidents are resolved and requests fulfilled in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Assist in the reporting and monitoring of service desk and support using uptime and ticket-related performance metrics. Tracking and reporting all open and closed incidents / requests to leadership teams.
- Partnering with IT and business personnel to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services.
- Improve and enhance the call resolution, user documentation, policies, troubleshooting guides, and internal procedures within IT.
- Contributing to the development of business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for incident management.
- Contributing to the development of service strategy to mitigate software, hardware networking issues and work on assigned projects.
- Proactively enhancing knowledge of new products and service technologies.
- Good Microsoft Active Directory
- Extensive Microsoft Operating Systems
- Good understanding of networking
- Desktop PCs and mobile devices
- Standard Office / business software packages and systems
- Experience with incident troubleshooting and escalation
- Familiarity with ITILv3 or related service delivery frameworks
- Business acumen
- Strong customer service mind-set
- Excellent logical problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritization and project management familiarity (as a team member)
- Curiosity and a desire to solve technical problems
- Active Directory environments and Microsoft Server and Workstation technologies.
- LAN and WAN Networks
- Ability to interact successfully with people in a customer-facing role
- 1-3 years in a service delivery role
- 1-3 years of experience and demonstrated understanding and troubleshooting of common desktop applications (MS suite, SQL, mobile device OS as well as MDM platforms and features)
- MS SCCM advantageous
- Good level of education
- Excellent computer literacy
- Relevant industry certifications preferred such as Microsoft qualification
- ITILv3 preferred