As a company that operates a global fleet of renewable energy plants, deploys meteorological measurement devices and harvests weather and energy market data from external sources RES have no shortage of data to work with. The Data Scientist is responsible for leveraging these datasets to provide data-driven solutions and guidance to the wider business. A Data Scientist at RES will solve challenging and diverse problems related to the design and operation of renewable energy projects.
- Using the Python programming language and relevant packages (e.g. pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, flask, etc.) for data analysis, machine learning and creation of new analytical tools.
- Technical analysis to optimise the design of a wind farm, solar farm or energy storage facility, predict energy production and assess economic viability.
- Analysing and predicting the performance of operational wind, solar and energy storage assets.
- Support development of RES business intelligence and reporting systems.
Knowledge and Experience
- You have a passion for renewable energy and want to play an active part in preventing climate change.
- A degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- You are experienced in using a programming language such as Python, R or Matlab for data analysis.
- You listen to customer requirements and design solutions to meet their needs.
Bonus points if:
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and test-driven development.
- You have experience working in the renewables industry or have taken coursework in renewable energy.
- You know your way around cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure.
As a company we are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero-carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. The Technical Department is a key part of this. We are a team of data scientists, analysts and software developers working collaboratively to provide bespoke analysis and software solutions across the global business.