Job Purpose / Organisational Context:
This dynamic role will work within the RES Australia Development team, with responsibility for project managing the development of wind energy projects. Day to day activity will involve project site identification, screening and selection, design, environmental assessment, stakeholder management, through to permitting and the financial close of projects.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects through all development stages.
- Take personal responsibility for delivering project objectives.
- Collaborative working across small project teams including development, engineering, technical, legal and financial functions within the company.
- Cooperating with international business units to draw on wider company expertise.
- Planning and co-ordinating internal resources and external consultancy to deliver renewable energy projects.
- Preparing planning applications and environmental impact assessments.
- Project delivery through leading internal specialists in property management, engineering design, technical analysis, grid connection, commercial and financial modelling.
- Managing external stakeholders, relationships and communications through the design and implementation of effective and innovative community engagement strategies.
- Formulating and managing project development plans and development budgets.
- Ensure that team are working in accordance with RES Health, Safety, Quality and Environment procedures and relevant H&S legislation.
- Ensure that investor requirements, whether RES or third party etc are clearly understood and met.
- Ensure that feedback in relation to supplier performance is provided to the procurement department during and following construction.
- Drive to reduce construction costs through timely procurement, value engineering, economic design and scope.
- In-depth knowledge of the renewables industry.
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with planning and environmental impact assessment.
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with property processes and negotiations.
- Experienced in community liaison and stakeholder management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Creation and management of programmes and budgets.
- Organisational and collaborative working.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility to deliver results.
- Excellent communication and commercial negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in wind and/or solar energy development, with a strong network in industry preferred.
- Experience of working within a global organisation.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Leading and motivating a multi-disciplinary team.
- High class degree preferred in an environmental, engineering, planning, science or business based subject. Other relevant higher level qualification considered.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Business level of English capability.
- Based in Sydney with the ability to travel as required throughout Australia.
- Current driving licence.