RES prides itself on the technical rigour it applies to its project. This is reflected in the RES Australia Grid and Analytics team which boasts senior network planning and generator connection experience and capability allowing the opportunity to be mentored in this important area as the decarbonising transition gathers momentum. RES maintains professional representation in key industry working groups both locally and globally in the power system space to not only keep abreast of industry developments, but take a leading position.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for supporting the work of the RES Australia Grid and Analytics team in developing renewable energy projects across Australia. This exciting role will be focused on the engineering challenges associated with connecting wind, solar and energy storage projects to the grid while also being closely involved in global collaboration projects involving the development of bespoke technical and knowledge-based systems, by providing local knowledge and technical support.
The Electrical Engineer will have responsibility for:
- Supporting the Development Teams across a range of renewable energy development projects across Australia;
- Utilising existing and developing knowledge and expertise in grid systems, power flow modelling and policy developments across the NEM and WEM and sharing this knowledge across the teams;
- Project management support for grid connections applications, including working with external consultants and equipment suppliers;
- Support new sites identification and development by providing engineering advice;
- Producing electrical concept designs and functional specifications for development projects;
- Identifying new areas in which the business can enhance competitiveness, reduce costs and create distinctiveness;
- Supporting the continued development of internal procedures for grid connection negotiations across wind, solar and battery storage projects;
- Supporting the development of technical datasets and projects in Australia and globally through collaboration with other RES countries;
- Set up site based operating plans and procedures; and
- Identifying new ways in which the business can enhance competitiveness, reduce costs and create distinctiveness.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Power systems engineering,
- Understanding of wind, solar and battery storage technologies,
- Excellent communication and team working skills,
- Understanding of Australian energy market and renewable energy,
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to collaborate across internal business teams,
- Skills in risk identification, mitigation and management
- Power system modelling
- Ability to support longer term business improvements and manage workload alongside concurrent projects, adaptable, enquiring and focused on ourcomes
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively multitask.
Experience & Qualifications:
- The role would suit a recent graduate, or a graduate with post-graduation experience in a relevant role or internship,
- Team player with proven experience of collaborating in multidisciplinary teams,
- A degree or equivalent in electrical engineering,
- Strong Microsoft Office skills,
- Business level of English capability
- The ability to travel as required throughout Australia.