A Greener Future Competition - Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to children under the age of 17. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
Where a child is submitting an application through a place of education then the teacher can sign on the child/children's behalf provided that the teacher has obtained the consent of the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) beforehand.
- The competition is free to enter.
- RES must receive entries in a form of artwork or video submission by Thursday 28th October 2021 at 00:00GMT. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate may be deemed invalid at the discretion of RES.
- RES accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges, comprised of an independent educational expert, and the RES head of marketing shall judge the entries and will select 3 winners from each age category (i.e. under 7, under 12 and under 17). Under 7 means children up to and including 6 year olds, under 12 means 7-11 years olds and under 17 means 12 -16 year olds. Entries will be judged against criteria such as creative and innovative ideas, ability to express ideas visually or verbally and the judges’ decisions shall be final.
- Each winner shall receive one (1) Fire HD 10 Tablet prize. The prizes will be sent to the winners within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from RES that they have won. The winning school shall receive sets of books on energy within 28 days.
- The winners and runners-up will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made and must provide a postal address to receive their prize. If a winner or runner-up does not respond to RES within 21 days of being notified by RES, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner or runner-up will be selected from the other applicants. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. RES reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary. The winner's name will be published during the RES’ 40th Anniversary celebration month of November 2021.
The winning art and winner’s video will also feature on various RES online platforms too.
RES reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Entries will be judged against criteria including: creative and innovative ideas, ability to express ideas visually or verbally.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that RES may use your artwork or Video that you have submitted or any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- RES (including its affiliates or agents ) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, RES (including its affiliates or agents) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of RES, its affiliates, agents or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify RES (and its affiliates) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- RES reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published.
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize. Data relating to entrants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist us to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the competition.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph/ video on our website and social media externally and Intranet internally. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you want to withdraw consent or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal data or your child's personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, video/ voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Please note that consent can be withdrawn at any time so if one person appearing in the entries withdraws their consent the practical implication is the entry must be withdrawn.
- This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
Renewable Energy Systems Limited, registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1589961 Registered Office: Beaufort Court, Egg Farm Lane, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire WD4 8LR