RES currently has Welder positions based in Benbrook or Weatherford, TX with travel to our project sites nationwide.
This position is responsible for welding, fabricating and carpentry to assemble tool trailers, and related steps and decking with various modifications on trailers (flatbed reel, etc.) used on electrical site construction. This is a primarily based in DFW area Weatherford/Benbrook, TX, with extended periods at field project sites for up to 6 months (may be eligible for per diem).
- Ensures that safety is the most important function, follows safe practices while working.
- Follows hot work permit and protocols within the work area.
- Reinforces safe behaviors and eliminates “at risk” behaviors.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and understands standard operating procedures.
- Receives job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing.
- Follows technical, quality and safety systems in place and determines appropriate action.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Conforms to specifications of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
- Follows appropriate usage of project related materials and equipment.
- Reports and documentations variances of work, production and deliverables to supervisor.
- Must be able to read blue prints and other engineering drawings in order to efficiently perform work.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals as applicable.
- Must be proficient in welding with various rods and wire specifications.
- Must be able and willing to assist with other activities while not actively welding.
- Must be able to work at heights as required.
- Perform basic mechanical duties, including trouble shooting, diagnostics and repair of equipment.
- Understands and complies with all DOT rules and regulations.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather.
- Works mandatory overtime on a weekly basis.
- Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Complies with operating procedures.
- Reporting productivity daily.
- Understands and follows established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site to ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to supervisor.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Supports a positive and engaging work environment by:
- adheres to department and company objectives;
- supports employee development and growth;
- discusses feedback on performance with supervisor.
- Ensures quality control program processes are followed according to the plan and are consistent.
- Ensures the required documentation is submitted for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Ensures permitting is complete before commencement of work.
- Ensures training is complete to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Read and understand mechanical and structural equipment specifications
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks including:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Ability to work on different types of terrain.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Must have 2+ years in welding experience.
- Must have and provide current applicable aluminum welding certification or be able to successfully pass a weld test.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Meets and maintains DOT qualifications with Medical Card; in good standing;
- CDL license with A or B certification preferred;
- Must provide own hand tools.
Physical requirements and environment:
- The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
- This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
- Note: The Company reserves the right to modify or alter this job description at any time in the future.
- RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.