RES currently has a Transmission Analyst position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing data to determine the interconnection and grid capacity for delivery of wind, solar or storage project output.
- Uses Analytic tools and other information to determine the interconnection and grid capacity for wind, solar and storage projects
- Replicates studies performed by transmission providers
- Provides Power System Analysis and reporting, summarizes findings with Development services department
- Checks, reviews and develops Interconnection Applications, Study Agreements and associated drawings and specifications
- Provides Interconnection and Transmission delivery support for projects across different ISO’s & TO’s across North America including Canada
- Provides technical support for Wind, Solar and Energy Storage Projects to the Renewable Energy Development teams
- Provides analytic support in negotiation of relevant agreements (LGIA’s, SGIA’s, WMPA’s, etc.) with different ISO’s and RTO’s
- Monitors and reports on stakeholder processes in multiple ISO and Regional Transmission Organizations.
- Participates in select group meetings as needed.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge/experience Running Power flows either in PSS/E or PSLF or Power World.
- Basic knowledge/experience with RTO/ISO Transmission Planning Process, Generation Interconnection Processes and industry information systems (ie: OATI OASIS, or ISO Market Portals)
- Basic Knowledge of Python, & SQL is desired
- Requires Intermediate communication skills to insure clear communication internally with executive management, Project Managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams and externally to clients, owners, vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, municipal and electrical authorities, interconnections and municipalities for permits.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Basic outlook skills
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably with Power systems focus or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience)
- Must have 2 or more years of experience in Transmission Planning/Distribution Planning/Resource Planning in Electrical Energy Industry in North America
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily performs sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.