RES currently has a Tooling Manager position open in Fort Worth, TX.
Summary: The role of Tooling Manager will identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, develop and administrate tracking, maintenance and repairs of tooling & initiate process improvements throughout the tooling operation.
Develop and revise (as needed) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
Ensure SOP’s are updated and adhered to on a consistent basis.
Support the development of RFP’s/RFQ's as needed. Based in the Fort Worth, TX area with travel throughout the US 40-70%.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Develop and document safety focused standard work procedures (SOP’s) for tooling department, including the tool trailers.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing. (PM, Super’s and CM’s)
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
Planning and Development:
- Develops forecast of needed inventory of tooling and supplies to meet the needs of construction based on workload.
- Provides tooling SME support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence.
- Develop, manage, and lead implementation of Standard Operating Process's (SOP's) that enable safety, capacity, and productivity improvements.
- Participates in weekly construction calls to address future forecasting with Operations Managers and Construction Directors.
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and tooling validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting.
- Assists in development of requests for pricing/quotation (RFP’s/RPQ’s).
- Allocate budget, costs to date, forecasts cost to completion, procurement and materials management.
- Manage purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Analysis of pricing and repair costs/lifecycle costs for tooling.
- Analyses the Tooling Department budget to develop and discover efficiency opportunities.
- Validates and suggest modifications as needed to internal recharge rates for tooling.
- Completes monthly forecasts for Tooling Department costs and revenues.
- Directs, guides, and coaches tooling staff to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Develops department policies, procedures and controls to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance with RES policies and procedures.
- Communicates variances to clients and management.
- Manages site tooling personnel.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- align individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- manage and support employee development and growth;
- provide regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
- Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Construction tooling
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Project Management
- Contract management
- Budget Analysis and Controls
- QA/QC processes
- Vendor and materials management
- Reading prints & drawings
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Report writing
- Writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word),
- Internally with all RES teams.
- Externally to vendors, consultants, and sub-contractors.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Presentation skills
- Development of processes and procedures
- Mathematics & Science (General)
- Estimating work efforts
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Job costing or accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree plus 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related area of study or equivalent (equivalent is 4 years of experience).
- Project Management Systems - PMP Cert preferred
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Some travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.