RES is currently hiring Transmission Heavy Equipment Operators for our projects across the US.
Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general operator duties (per skill level) at the project site.
- Follows safety and operating procedures of heavy and light equipment.
- Operates light/heavy equipment including, but not limited to
- Backhoe, loader and rock truck;
- Blade, excavator and dozer
- Digger Derrick
- Inspects incoming and outgoing loads, perform all pre-inspection checks and monitor equipment during operation. Reports results from pre-inspections on equipment daily, hour usage, fuel usage, deficiencies and/or maintenance required.
- Performs work on various types of terrain, evaluating requirements for assigned work.
- Crane Operators only - Calculates crane capacities and weights for rigging and hoisting. Maintains job site and materials in an organized and efficient order.
- Maintains all mobile and stationary equipment by performing preventive maintenance, i.e. tightening, cleaning, greasing and other minor maintenance and repairs.
- Notifies management of any malfunctions that occur.
- Cleans interior cab area of equipment daily.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards Operating equipment safely and efficiently
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Conveying barriers to work Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately Relationship building
- Time management to include:
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Accuracy in work/use of hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
- Heavy equipment Roads Foundations Site grading Equipment maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a construction field, experience levels are progressive:
- 0-2 years experience with backhoe, loader, roller and rock truck
- 1-3 years experience with blade, excavator and dozer
- 1-3 years experience with crane and trencher
- Must be certified on site for all types of heavy/light equipment by displaying skill level to a Superintendent.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.