RES currently has a Solar Site Technician position open in the Austin, TX area.
The successful applicant will assist the PV Technicians with all field duties and functions needed to run a successful utility scale solar facility. The focus of this position will be vegetation management and module washing while assisting the PV Technicians with DC and AC electrical system diagnosis and repair, including collection and delivery, Employee must be flexible to work in all other aspects required of plant maintenance, to ensure the project success.
Location: Near Austin Texas
- Work collectively as part of small site team to ensure all tasks are correctly prioritized and delivered in a safe and timely manner at the highest quality.
- As requested, assist the PV Technicians with on call 24/7 first responder to all alarms and system non-performance.
- Write JSA, work from procedures and work instructions.
- Take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, and conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to learn and understand electrical testing and diagnostic equipment for both AC and DC.
- Ability to use electrical tools, hand tools and machinery, safely and efficiently.
- As requested, Assist PV Technicians to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical equipment and components.
- As requested, Assist PV Technicians to trouble shoot and repair AC and DC issues; inverters, trackers, ac and dc wiring, sensors, PV modules, PV arrays etc. in a utility scale solar project.
- Assist with the replacement of components for; inverters, trackers, modules, sensors and electrical equipment in a utility scale solar project.
- Ability to learn and use a CMMS system as well as spreadsheets for maintenance tracking.
- Properly keep and track facility tool and parts inventory.
- Properly keep and maintain site equipment.
- Uses material and equipment properly.
- Order replacement supplies as needed.
- Ability to learn and use SCADA and other software control systems.
- Ensure project work complies and meets contractual standard requirements.
- Work in remote field conditions under all weather conditions with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi task.
- Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet contractual requirements if required.
- Assist and adhere to the overall site safety policy, ensuring RES’s safety program is correctly implemented and followed.
- Assist with site safety meetings and site inductions.
- Participate and assist with JSA, method statements.
- Participate and assist with LOTO.
- Interface with Subcontractors and Owners in a professional manner.
- Follow companies NERC compliance program as required.
- Ensure ground maintenance and vegetation control policies are adhered to as required.
- Assists tracking deliverables on site.
- Accurately completes and submits daily required paperwork.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action when needed. Reports potentially unsafe conditions immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge in:
- Internal with Engineering, site teams, corporate office, supervisor
- Externally with sub-contractors and vendors
- Listening skills
- Relationship building
- Safe working practices
- Electrical schematics and prints
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Time management to include:
- Setting and achieving work goals
- Understanding and setting priorities
- Setting and adhering to required deadlines
- Checking for Accuracy
- Maintaining Accurate Records
- Researching information
- Being thorough in all tasks
- Adhering to Rules and Regulations
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Use of Hand and Power Tools
- Mowing Equipment Operation
- Spraying Equipment Operation
- Fork Lift Operation
- Solar Concepts and Principles
- Inspecting Physical Objects
- Heavy Equipment
- Cranes, Rigging and Lifting
- Stress Management
- HS Diploma or GED required. College degree a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in a related facility maintenance position.
- Available to travel to other sites on short notice.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects in all weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.