RES currently has Solar Inspector positions open at our solar projects across the USA.
Summary: Inspects and ensures the quality of work performed during the daily activities of the electrical construction on a large scale solar project sites, to include collection systems, OHL and substations.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Interfaces with contactor and clients in a professional manner.
- Is familiar with solar construction and understands how to read design drawings, specifications, installation guides, and inspection and testing plans to be used during the quality inspection process.
- Assists tracking and inspecting deliverables on site.
- Ensures project work outputs comply with standards and meet contract requirements.
- Inspects solar equipment for quality, reports any variances to contract requirements.
- Observes and inspects work performed by electrical and mechanical crews on site, ensuring building compliance as per drawings, specs, installation manuals, and code.
- Inspects all materials and equipment supplied/installed by contractor to ensure that it meets the projects design and industry standard criteria.
- Immediately reports any non-compliance work to supervisor.
- Reports all cabling placements to ensure that proper cable is supplied and placed according to project design and industry standard work practices.
- Reports and documents variances in contractor performance to supervisor.
- Provides information for potential change order items.
- Completes and submits daily quality control forms for site activities.
- Ensures Quality procedures are met, completed and compiled in QA/QC job books.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Internal with Engineering, site teams, corporate office
- Externally with client, contractor and vendors
- Listening skills
- Relationship building
- Safety Training
- Time management to include:
- Setting Work Goals
- Setting Priorities
- Coping with Deadlines
- Writing Reports
- Checking for Accuracy
- Maintaining Accurate Records
- Researching information
- Being Thorough
- Enforcing Rules and Regulations
- Basic knowledge in:
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Electrical Concepts and Principles
- Industry standards
- Inspecting Physical Objects
- Fundamental knowledge of heavy equipment
- Fundamental knowledge of:
- Solar Construction
- Collection Systems
- Transmission Lines
- Stress Management
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in solar construction.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.