RES currently has a Solar Field Operations Manager position open. This position can be based out of Austin, TX or Broomfield, CO.
Summary: Office based operations management of self-performing aspects of utility scale wind, solar, battery storage or transmission projects.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Superintendents emphasize Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occur before scopes of work commence.
- Ensures all site team leadership understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures Superintendents receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing. Leads and supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence and consistency in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Manages the project craft plan, participates in the project kick off.
- Analyzes and summarizes departmental activities to evaluate efficiency and accuracy.
- Reviews schedule management - Initial planning for a project and review during the project.
- Reviews project craft requirements and work plans within their disciplines.
- Issues resolution and support for internal/external areas.
- Reviews proposals and RFP's.
- Performs budget management, assists in estimate reviews, budget preparation and monthly status reviews.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Guides, and coaches discipline managers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to clients and executive management.
- Manages craft assignments and movements
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Provides a positive and engaging work environment by:
- aligns individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- manages and support employee development and growth;
- provides regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Supports Superintendents to ensure proper page turns, drawing reviews, and Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) template reviews are completed prior to work commencing.
- Sets expectations with Superintendents to align with client and company quality program(s).
- Provides support to Superintendents to better understand and adhere to environmental requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Project Management
- Contract management
- Budget Analysis and Controls
- QA/QC processes
- Vendor and materials management
- Reading prints & drawings
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Report writing
- Writing skills
- Internally with executive management, Project Managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams.
- Externally to clients, owners, vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, municipal and electrical authorities, interconnections and municipalities for permits.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Development of processes and procedures
- Mathematics & Science (General)
- Estimating work efforts
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Presentation skills
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma & Lean
- ISO systems
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Drawing review and comment software
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- Job costing or accounting software
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience).
- Must have 5-10 years or more years of experience with 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.