RES currently has a Solar Buyer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: The Solar Buyer will work within RES’ Procurement Team. The Procurement team has responsibility to RES’ Development and Construction Groups. This position will support purchasing and management of major Solar equipment with key suppliers. The Solar Buyer will provide proposal response support to third party Request for Proposals (RFP’s). The Solar Buyer will obtain pricing; support engineering, estimating and construction, evaluate bids, review scope of works, negotiate agreements, support project execution, initiate and close purchase orders, and support new business opportunities.
- Responsible to issue project RFP’s to suppliers in-line with project requirements, obtain and present pricing to estimating, contracts, engineering, development and construction.
- Craft tools to capture and summarize identification of technology innovations and vetting of suppliers.
- Create and catalog supplier quote and performance databases.
- Coordinate with RES’ solar network in support of Solar projects. Network includes: construction, engineering, development, legal, insurance, safety tax, estimating, etc.
- Support construction project execution teams to project manage the lifecycle of purchase orders inclusive of: assembling purchase order and associated exhibits, project kickoff meetings, coordinating follow on meetings, production and delivery schedules, document control, supplier part reconciliation, close-out, etc.
- Prepare and communicate product availability and lead times for key materials to project teams.
- Support Director in identifying supplier technology road maps and forward cost curves.
- Coordinate regionally, globally within RES and across suppliers to drive savings and manage timely planning and procurement execution.
- Assist with planning and execution of RES supplier workshops to drive down costs.
- Assist with tracking and communicating market and economic trends with impact to the Solar business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service awareness with ability to meet and exceed internal and external customer objectives and satisfaction.
- Position requires a highly organized candidate to hit the ground running, work independently with minimal supervision, with strong ability to multitask across multiple projects.
- Position requires candidates with experience working with the following disciplines: Engineering, Estimating, Pre-Construction, Office/Site Construction teams and Accounts Payable.
- Position requires a candidate to be able to project manage and problem solve technical and commercial issues.
- Understanding of construction contract terms and ability to integrate with technical and commercial exhibits, while recognizing discrepancies.
- Candidate must be skilled in MS Office and MS Outlook with at least basic skills in MS Word, Excel, SharePoint.
- Understanding of procurement database to track parts through purchase order, production, delivery, and billing.
- Familiar with and/or able to learn Procurement Management Software.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, legal or construction/technical related field preferred.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Three to five years negotiating and management of purchase orders with suppliers in construction, engineering, logistics, procurement, supply chain or other technical industry.
- Understanding of construction project site requirements and experience supporting construction project sites.
- Prefer two or more years of experience in Solar construction or experience working with Solar equipment suppliers with working knowledge of major solar equipment inclusive of Modules, Single Axis and Fixed Racking Systems, Inverters, DC harnessing systems.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with possible travel to other company offices, customer/supplier offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Travel to construction sites may require driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.