RES currently has a SMART Software Developer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
The successful candidate will join the SMART (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool) Systems team to support and develop software used during the operations of renewable energy projects. The applications supported by this team delivers functionality in the following areas:
- Retrieve and homogenize data from a wide range of operational renewable energy power plants
- Analyze operational data from renewable energy power plants
- Provide flexible reporting solutions for internal and external clients (e.g. web dashboards)
- Provision engineering analysis tools used to detect and prevent faults
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate actions. Report potentially unsafe conditions and use materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ASP.Net MVC
- SQL databases (including MS SQL Server)
- Testing frameworks (including NUnit)
- Version Control systems (in particular Github)
- Continuous Integration Systems (including Jenkins)
- Cloud based application deployment (Azure or similar)
- SCADA systems and relevant protocols such as OPC
Knowledge / experience
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Continuous deployment
- Object orientation best practices
- Service Orientated Architecture and Microservices
- Ability to understand users’ success criteria and design software to achieve their required outcomes
- Ability to discuss and implement numerical algorithms
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
- Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a related discipline and/or relevant experience as a software developer
Physical requirements and environment:
The successful candidate will be required to travel to RES Ltd. headquarters in the UK from time to time, in particular for 1-2 months of training at the beginning of employment.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.