RES currently has Safety Coordinator positions open at our various sites across the US.
Coordinates and assists Safety Supervisor, implements and monitors the RES Safety Management System to ensure the safety of work performed during the daily activities of the construction on a large scale wind, solar, transmission, or battery storage project sites.
- Accountabilities: Coordinate and assist a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objective Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progre
- Coordinates and encourages a safety culture on construction sites, which will allow all personnel to understand safety is an important aspect/requirement of their
- Ensures site inductions take plac
- Coordinates and assists maintenance of the safety program
- Accompanies Safety Supervisor to coordinate inspections to ensure
- Administrates to ensure suitable work instructions and risk assessments are completed/reviewed/app
- Coordinates and assists Safety Supervisor with accident and near miss investi
- Facilitates safety meetings and produces safety reports for mana
- Coordinates subcontractors, staff & visitors to ensure a clear understanding of site rules, work related hazards, and responsibilities are m
- Generates weekly reports for management, meetings for staff and general site, work instructions/risk assessment
- Files all documentation required for the Safety Program Fi
- Reviews tool box talks, JHA/JSA's, worker traini
- Coordinates and assists Safety Supervisor with the general site on safe work practices, change in regulations, their rights/responsibilities, and their supervisor responsibilitie
- Informs subcontractors, staff, and visitors of hazards & rule
- Coordinates and assists Safety Supervisor with investigation and cause of any accident/incident, near miss, complaint, suggestion, or co
- Implements new procedures, PPE requirements, safety devices, or and corrective actions to ensure
- Follows-up corrective actions if an accident/incident occurs, or when new hazards are recognized through near miss reportin
- Advises subcontractors and RES staff when questions pertaining to works are presente
- Tests workers after site inductions to ensure the information has been presented/understood by all inductee Asks questions related to works, equipment, and tools to ensure personnel are competent.
- Accompanies Safety Supervisor to monitors managers/inspectors to ensure RES policy/procedures & regulatory requirements are met/exceede
- Communicates site-specific/companywide incidents/accidents, notifications/corrective actions, near misses, PPE requirements, and information relevant to works during site all-hands meetin
- Accompanies Safety Supervisor to approves equipment and PPE to be used on the sit
- Researches current regulatory field blitzes and reports, regulatory requirement changes, PPE, and other resources pertaining to works throughout the general sit
- Assists staff & subcontractors with information relating to company and local regulations/standards to ensure works are completed according to all codes, standards, regulations, and acts.
- Maintains safety equipment (AED, Eye Wash Stations, First Aid Kits, Fire Extinguishers, etc.)
- Coordinates and assists Safety Supervisor to revise procedures, work instructions, risk assessments, and JHA/JSA's.
- Coordinates and assists Safety Supervisor to facilitate site inspections with regulatory agencies.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Environmental concepts
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- General construction
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Sub-contractor and vendor management
- Fundamental concepts of
- Civil construction
- Electrical construction
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- OSHA 10 / 30 / 500 / 510.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S. as needed.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.