RES is looking for Quantity Surveyor's for our various project sites.
Assists the Commercial Manager and Project Manager– BOP with the comprehensive assessment, analysis, management and administration of balance of plant contracts and material supplies to deliver optimal costs, quality, program and risk allocation.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.Leads and supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
- Be a role model for Health & Safety and assist with Health & Safety assessments at any stage of the procurement process.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Meet or exceed client’s goals and expectations.
- Assists Commercial Manager with project financials and works as a member of a cohesive team.
- Assists with the project plan, participates in kick off, and close out meetings for the project.
- Develops, manages and administers the historical cost database to ensure ongoing accuracy and suitability for optimal budget forecasting, commercial and financial modeling.
- Provides Quantity Surveying management to the business when projects require this assistance.
- Assists with the preparation and assembly of compliant tender and contract documentation.
- Supports the Construction Project Manager and Site Manager in any Supplier/ Contractor dispute resolution when requested to do so.
- Works with field engineers to track field production and material usage.
- Assists with quantity take offs and verification of existing conditions versus design especially for BOQ type projects.
- Communicates with project team the contract terms, ensuring clarity to the contract's financial aspects.
- Manages purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Responsible for collecting data necessary for daily tracking of work completed
- Participates in daily and weekly status and progress reports of construction on site.
- Assists in the creation of weekly and monthly Project Summary reports sent to company management
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advance level of knowledge in:
- Adaptability to environment
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Writing skills
- Microsoft Office suite ( Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio)
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Understanding environmental concepts including permits requirements
Basic level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Relationship building
- Interpersonal skills
- Project Management
- Creating logical and resource-loaded project schedules
- Interpretation of a project schedule
- Planning and task direction
- Budget and Analysis and Controls
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Estimating work efforts
- Change orders
- Project permits
- Team building
- Decision making
- QA/QC processes
- Development of processes and procedures
- Continuous Improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Sub-contractor and vendor and materials management
- Construction drawing review
- Drawing Quantity Takeoff
- Engineering management
- Communications, leading meetings, engaging teams, public speaking, presentations
- Job costing or accounting software
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent is eight years of relevant experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance cover
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.