RES currently has several Project Field Engineer positions located at our wind and solar projects across the USA.
Construction activity tracking and measurement on a utility scale wind, solar, battery storage or transmission project. This is a site-based role, typically located in remote locations that can be subject to extremes of weather and temperature, and requires living away from home.
- Consistently reinforces that safety is critical, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Supports the Project Manager, Project Engineer, and Project Cost Engineer in budget and schedule preparation prior to commencement of the project.
- Provides accurate daily construction activity data and quantities to the Project Engineer and Project Cost Engineer.
- Works directly with the Superintendents and Foremen to ensure activities on site are clearly understood and performs quality checks to ensure that established processes are followed.
- Ensures that all necessary field surveying and staking out is performed in time, accurately, and in accordance with the approved construction drawings, to support the performance of the construction work in accordance with the project schedule.
- Works with the Project Engineer to resolve technical and engineering queries that arise from the field, including drafting/completing documents such as requests for information, technical enquiry forms, and transmittals.
- Tracks staffing and equipment levels, and production quantities, on a daily basis, and works with the Superintendents to measure work quantities and then delivers that data to the Project Engineer and Project Cost Engineer for tracking purposes.
- Works directly with the Superintendents, Project Engineer, and Project Cost Engineer to ensure that labor, equipment, and materials are procured in a timely manner to support the project schedule.
- Performs quality control checks and provides daily direction to quality control inspectors to ensure processes are implemented according to the quality plan and that all work is inspected in a timely and consistent manner.
- Communicates variances and changes to the Project Engineer and Project Cost Engineer.
- Manages personnel in a stressful environment to ensure work is the focus and to keep employees engaged.
- Provides feedback to the Project Engineer to support continuous improvement.
- Utilizes, and ensures utilization of, the Safety Management System (SMS), the Quality Management System (QMS), the Environmental Management System (EMS), and technical procedures.
- Communicates via: in-person conversations, email interactions, site reports, meetings and teleconferences as needed.
- Follows safety and security procedures on site.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Construction site safety and OSHA requirements
- Interpersonal skills
- Quality assurance processes
- Reading prints and drawings, and taking off quantities
- Arranging for surveying and staking out work
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Use of computer software, including the Microsoft Office suite and other proprietary systems
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Working in a stressful environment
- Interpretation of a project schedule
- Planning and task direction
- Vendor and materials management
- Mathematics and science
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Writing skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent of eight years of relevant experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent shall perform some sedentary office duties in the construction site office, but the role also involves a significant amount of time working outside on the active construction site performing construction support activities. The incumbent may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will be required to sit, stand, walk, climb, and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.