RES currently has a Project Accountant postilion open in the Carmichael, CA office.
- This position will provide accounting and job-costing support to project managers and other operations managers. Duties will include working with project managers and customer contacts to accurately invoice for work performed, provide reporting and documentation as required by customer contracts and local law, research and resolve cost questions, monthly forecasting, accounting tasks and reporting as required by contracts and management.
- Opportunity to grow with a fast-growing international company in the renewables industry performing various tasks across many business aspects including renewables development, construction, and asset management. Position will be in the middle of many challenging and complex accounting and business tasks. The above is not all inclusive. Searching for a well-rounded candidate ready to grow and expand their accounting knowledge and skills.
- Develop budgets, job set up, change orders.
- Develop Schedule of Values & Pay Application with Project Manager.
- Lead project start up meetings.
- Final job audits.
- AR reporting and collection.
- Ensure billing and reporting requirements are met by deadlines.
- Pay applications and billings audit and entry.
- Monthly Project Summary Reports.
- Ensure prevailing wage is processed correctly with required reporting.
- Ensure all local requirements are followed and documented according to requirements.
- Job cost review and reclassification
- Earned Value Analysis
- Historical Cost Tracking and Database
- Administer sales tax processes pertinent to assigned projects
- ETC processing
- Monthly forecasting.
- Assist team in process documentation.
- Assist team in systems implementations and data integrity
- Projects as assigned by assistant controller or management.
- Review vendor and subcontractor invoices, match with commitments, check for correct coding and sales tax treatment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specially Excel including the use of pivot tables. Experience with ERP or Reporting Systems a plus.
- Prioritization and time management.
- Ability to manage under tight deadlines and handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-directed individual who works well with teams.
- BS in Accounting/Finance, or Business-related field.
- 2-3 or more years of experience in accounting
- Construction and multi-state sales tax experience is a plus
- Current knowledge of GAAP Expertise in ERP systems and Excel
- Strong communication and team player skills
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.