RES currently has a Permitting Specialist position open in the Broomfield CO office.
Permitting Specialist for Renewable Energy Systems Americas Inc (RES), an expanding Renewable Energy company Headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado. The Permitting Specialist will focus on wildlife, environmental, and land use permitting for renewable energy projects, but may include other permitting and compliance disciplines as well as due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions and greenfield development. Located in Broomfield, Colorado.
- Working with Permitting Director and Development team to advance projects and achieve business objectives.
- Assist Permitting Director with the following:
- Coordinating permitting activities throughout the site development process for a pipeline of renewable energy projects including: permit applications, layout planning, scoping and review of environmental studies, and State and Federal agency consultations.
- Overseeing the work of project environmental consultants, managing project scope, schedules, and budgets and ensuring quality of documents for environmental studies for the siting and permitting of renewable energy projects.
- Working with internal engineers to develop project designs based on project constraints.
- Assisting with the preparation of NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) and state environmental documents, including EISs, EAs, and other federal, state, and local permits as needed
- Coordinating between RES Development and RES Construction for transition to and during construction, to ensure permit conditions and mitigation measures are communicated and followed
- Meeting project budget and schedule objectives
- Develop an understanding of and experience with federal, state, and local land use regulations, including NEPA, state energy and environmental permitting, County/Township zoning processes, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with public agencies involved in the permitting of renewable energy projects.
- Familiarity with and ability to stay current regarding changing regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Frequent air travel is required (30-50%). Travel will include air and road travel to rural communities within the US and may include travel on commercial regional jet and/or propeller aircraft. Candidate will be required to be comfortable and capable operating pick-up trucks and other utility vehicles on gravel and dirt roads.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven abilities in working independently or with limited oversight
- Ability to travel up to 30-50% to rural communities
- Experience in working with rural regulatory agencies (Federal, State, and local)
- Intermediate skills in MSOffice and Outlook
- Environmental and/or Renewable Energy background Preferred
- Beginner-Intermediate skills in ArcGIS
- Skilled in MS Project, MSOffice and Outlook
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an appropriate valid driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering or other relevant field.
- 2-4 yrs of permitting experience that includes knowledge of federal NEPA, Clean Water Act (CWA), state PUC permitting, and wildlife regulations preferably in the northwest, west, and south US.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate will perform sedentary office duties with frequent travel to other Company offices and development and construction sites. They may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Development and construction site environments include early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Some extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.