RES currently has a Paralegal position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary: Supports General Counsel and business units in the preparation and submission of contractor licenses applications and the renewal process of licenses. Responsible for managing the licensure process for each applicable state to ensure that we are timely qualified to construct and to do business in that state. Responsible for maintaining compliance with state licensing requirements. Supports the corporate compliance process related to corporate governance such as conflict of interest and ethics.
- Maintains and protects the confidential and personal information of the officers and personal applicants.
- Works closely with business team and anticipates licensing requirements to support business.
- Responds in timely manner to requests for information regarding licensing.
- Creates and maintains a process for and comprehensive approach to ensure compliance.
- Supports legal team with other related activities as requested.
- Response to audit requests as required.
- Prepares periodic reports of compliance.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in licensing, preferably for construction industry.
- Experience in corporate registrations and maintaining companies in good standing.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions after careful thought.
- Takes initiative and has the forethought to anticipate change and needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage expectations of clients within the company.
- Well-organized individual who demonstrates the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communication across all levels of business. Ability to assert position with confidence.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Acrobat software.
- Professional demeanor, ability to be discreet and maintain confidential records.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; or 5 years of relevant work experience
- Paralegal certificate strongly preferred.
- Construction industry experience and familiarity with electrical codes and high voltage electrical licensing, design and construction.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.