RES currently has a Paralegal position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Supports in house attorneys and, under the supervision of an attorney, manages routine legal issues.
- Researches law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions and legal codes to prepare legal documents and analyzes information and legal issues.
- Assists with analysis of routine legal documents and contracts under limited attorney supervision.
- Drafts and negotiates routine legal documents and standard agreements under attorney supervision.
- Assists in administering law department activities.
- Supports attorneys on acquisitions, divestment's and other transactions.
- Prepares real estate documents and title curative instruments.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong skills in communication.
- Strong drafting and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of law.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent 8 years of experience.
- Paralegal certification.
- 3 years or related experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer