RES currently has an Origination Associate position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: Support the origination team by working on proposals, presentation materials, research, and other tasks are requested.
- Produce high-quality client-facing materials, including proposals, presentation materials, spreadsheets, and other documents as requested, to support fast-moving technical sales.
- Work on fast-paced team to identify and secure offtake opportunities to enable RES to meet P&L objectives and achieve its clean energy mission.
- Track proposal status and maintain pricing database.
- Research markets, clients, and other topics as directed to identify opportunities.
- Build knowledge of the clean energy industry.
- Participate in Development and Origination team meetings/calls.
- Travel as necessary to meet with clients and fulfill other business objectives.
- Become a valued member of the high-performing, energetic, collaborative, and fun RES Origination team.
- Follow all RES rules and procedures, including those pertaining to safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years’ experience in the energy sector, ideally with some experience/knowledge of the renewable energy sector.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work product.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills for technical sales.
- Ability to sustain quality of work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Deep interest in clean energy and commitment to work toward RES’ mission.
- Self-directed learner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Energy, Business, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Studies or related field.
- Energy sector experience preferred.
- Renewable energy experience preferred but not required.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with regular travel to other Company offices or to visit clients. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.