RES currently has an Operations and Maintenance Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Responsibilities: Manage and lead the day to day operation of RES Operations Assets as directed, to achieve the planned business objective. Manage, conduct activities and lead employees in an office environment to ensure contractual compliance of assigned facilities. Provide professional guidance to employees, contractors, regulatory entities and teammates for reporting, system analysis, maintenance and repair, unplanned outages, as well as any other requirement for RES operational sites.
- Manage safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the generation asset, in accordance with agreed contracts, operating plans and budgets.
- Manage staff and subcontractors in performing Operation & Maintenance on site.
- Ability to monitor and manipulate the SCADA program for RES Operational Assets, to ensure proper plant production, identify faults and reset facilities as needed.
- Ensure timely facility repairs and restarts after plant outages or equipment faults.
- Coordinate, communicate and comply with Owners, off-takers and transmission provider regarding the grid, production, contractual, regulatory and outage issues.
- Manage self and team to troubleshoot and/or coordinate repairs on AC, DC, Communications, Inverters, Solar Arrays, Wind Turbines and Energy Storage systems commonly found in a utility scale renewable energy projects.
- Understand electrical testing and diagnostics for both AC and DC systems as well as collection and substations.
- Use RES Asset Management tools to create regular periodic reports and in-depth analysis.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, interpret and negotiate complicated contracts for contractors, off-takers, owners and partners of utility scale renewable energy facilities.
- Work with procurement to acquire goods and services for renewable energy facilities.
- Be available on a 24/7 basis to occasionally respond to urgent operational issues.
- Manage employee/contractor performance, safety and quality as required.
- Manage, complete or assist with NERC compliance reports, with Owners, Site managers and RES Support Service as required.
- Manage Monthly, Annual and any and all periodic reporting to RES, clients, regulatory agencies, owners, landowner, off-taker, community, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- Manage operational and HSQE procedures.
- Write JSA, procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Manage tracking of failures, alarms, downtime, maintenance and repairs, plant status and trends, and HSQE issues.
- As required, use and direct others to use a CMMS system for maintenance tracking, SCADA and other software control and diagnostic systems.
- Maintain databases of faults and maintenance/performance issues.
- Alert the V.P, Asset Managers and RES Engineers of emerging faults and issues, required maintenance, or retrofits.
- Identify and appraise plant improvement opportunities.
- Report regularly as required, current safety, production and environmental issues.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions immediately.
- Lead and attend regular weekly meetings.
- Work with V.P., Site Managers, Asset Managers, Accounting and Finance to develop and execute budgets
- Advise the V.P., Site Manager and Asset Manager of short to medium term forecasted costs and changes in expected budgets.
- Review invoices and costs charged to the assets are correct
- Work with AP to ensure prompt and correct payments are made.
- Work with Accounting representative to ensure invoices and time are coded correctly.
- Approve timesheet information and allocation if required.
- Establish quality relationships with employees, teammates, clients, owners, landowner, community, local authority and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide relief management or operational support as requested.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Excel and Office skills
- Ability to use and troubleshoot basic office equipment (printer, scanner, fax etc.)
- Understanding of network equipment, troubleshooting a plus
- Advanced Spreadsheet and record keeping skills
- Skilled in Public relations and Leadership
- Understanding of accounting concepts
- Problem-solving skills
- Basic electrical (low voltage) and switching (high voltage) knowledge and experience
- Basic mechanical skills preferred
- First Aid and CPR a plus
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree in operations or related field or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- 3-5 years site operational experience or office-based management experience
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Certifications in OSHA, crane safety or HV are desirable.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Performs site inspections and supervision, driving, long periods of standing, walking long distance on local terrain will be required.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.