RES currently has a Network Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
The Network Engineer primarily manages network operations, SCADA network design and implementation, and video conferencing/telephony. The successful candidate researches new technologies and leverages optimization techniques to ensure that systems operate efficiently.
This Americas IT function forms part of the wider Global Services function. The successful candidate will work closely with the regional and Group IT as well as business functions.
This role is responsible for providing support to level 3 system administrator(s) in project work and duties as well as mentor level 1 system administrator(s). Focus on detail and quality is essential. Need to have strong skills in team-work and time management. Produce thorough documentation and user guides. This role also works closely and extensively with internal customers.
- Build and maintain the corporate networking environment including: datacenter networking hardware and configurations, offices LANs, firewalls and network security for the Americas
- Working with internal construction customers, design and help implement site-based SCADA networks
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to the network, circuits, and firewalls
- Partner with the infrastructure members of the team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues when non-network systems are affected
- Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure
- Order circuits, support provisioning, and troubleshoot with vendors as needed
- Train the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants
- Client VPN configuration (SSL and installed client management)
- LAN-to-LAN VPN Tunnels
- Firewall Rule Management
- SolarWinds Orion Administration
- Skype (VoIP) network performance troubleshooting Administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using ticketing software
- Experience with incident troubleshooting and escalation
- Experience with change control processes and tools
- Possesses knowledge of core systems concepts (i.e. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services, etc.)
- Networking design and operations
- Cisco Meraki switches
- Cisco Nexus 9K switches
- Cisco ACI (preferred)
- Brocade/Ruckus ICX layer 3 switches
- Brocade/Extreme VDX layer 3 switches
- Cradlepoint Modems/Routers
- Firewall management, solution design, and implementation
- Check Point firewalls
- Fortinet firewalls in VDOM mode
- VPN Concentrators
- Sonicwall Aventail EX7000s
- Fortinet firewall VPN configuration
- SCADA networks design, network security, and best practices
- Business acumen
- Strong customer service mind-set
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Experience producing high-quality documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective prioritization and project management skills
- Curiosity, a desire to solve technical problems
- A desire to help people work more efficiently and effectively
- Improvement methodologies – LEAN, Six Sigma, Kanban, etc. (preferred)
- ITILv3 (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and think creatively
- Ability to interact successfully with people in a customer-facing role
- 5 or more (7+ preferred) years of network design and administration
- CCNA (CCNP preferred)
- Software Defined Networking concepts and product knowledge
- Project management familiarity (as a team member)
- 3-5 years of experience and demonstrated understanding and troubleshooting of complex, multi-system issues in a global environment
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.