RES is currently hiring Journeyman Lineman for our projects across the US.
The Journeyman Lineman is responsible for the maintenance and repair of overhead electric transmission systems and do related work as required. This position works directly under the crew Foreman or Superintendent. Willingness to travel is a must
- Adheres to a culture of safety and quality at ALL times
- Operates heavy and light equipment, including digger derricks, aerial lift devices, pulling and tensioning equipment, forklifts, dump trucks and various dirt equipment.
- Works with various tools of the trade.
- Digs hole/trenches, sets poles, climbs poles, strings wire, place equipment and testing systems.
- Experienced with hot sticking and gloving.
- Participates in the instruction and development of Apprentice Linemen.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- Performs after-hours duties as required.
- Works scheduled and unscheduled overtime, as needed or required.
- Follows Safety Standards to insure the job is done safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned/needed.
- Must be willing to travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Journeyman Lineman Card or verifiable work experience
- Valid CDL license with excellent driving record preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and E-Verify.